Method of analyzing vibration characteristics of armature system of hermetically sealed electromagnetic relay
Published research is minimal on vibration characteristics of hermetically sealed electromagnetic relay (EMR) exposed to mechanical environment. The vibration characteristics of armature system, link contact system with electromagnetic system will cause EMR malfunction. The nonlinear dynamics model of armature systems was studied by considering electromagnetic attraction force and opposite mechanical force in this paper. Angular displacements of armature under different sinusoidal vibration conditions are solved in order to obtain the failure mode result from armature system. Vibration tests showed the presented analyzing method is suitable for EMR. The conclusions are instructive for increasing vibration resistance of armature systems of EMR, and are significant for reliability design of switch apparatus.
Key wordsHermetically sealed electromagnetic relay (EMR) Armature system Vibration characteristics Analyzing method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chambega, J., 1996. A Qualitative Analysis on the Effect of External Vibrations on the Performance of Relays. Proceedings of the 4th IEEE AFRICON Conference, Part 2, p.1035–1039. [doi:10.1109/AFRCON.1996.563040]Google Scholar
- Liang, H.M., Zhang, Y.C., Zhai, G.F., 2004. Testing apparatus of static attractive force and spring force characteristics of micro electromagnetic relay. Electromechanical Components, 4:3–9 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Ройзен, В.з., 1979. Miniature Sealed Electromagnetic Relay. Posts & Telecom Press, Beijing, p.70–79 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Ren, W.B., Zhai, G.F., 2004. Research on Contact Displacement Response of Switching Electrical Apparatus in the Condition of Vibration. Proceedings of the First International Conference on Reliability of Electrical Products and Electrical Contacts, p.72–75.Google Scholar
- Shoffa, V.N., Chicheryukin, V.N., Ivakin, B.F., 2004. A mathematical model and a procedure for designing the complex magnetic system of a polarized relay. Electrical Technology Russia, 75:32–40.Google Scholar
- Wang, L.Z., 1998. The effective method for increasing vibration resistance of high power relay. Relay in Aerospace, 1:18–20 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Xie, W.J., Wang, S.J., 2003. Analysis of natural frequency of clapper style electromagnetic system. Electromechanical Components, 1:9–14 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Xu, H., Gao, Y.N., Yang, M., 1995. Research on the vibration resistance of the armature system of a small-sized electromagnetic relay. Journal of Xi’an Jiaotong University, 4:90–97 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Zhai, G.F., Liang, H.M., Wang, H., Wang, L.Z., 2002. Research and analysis on the shape of the permanent magnet torque characteristic curve of polarized magnetic system. Proceedings of the CSEE, 11:110–114 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Zhai, G.F., Liang, H.M., Wang, H., 2003. Research on the parameters optimum design of polarized magnetic system based on orthogonal design. Proceedings of the CSEE, 10:158–163 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Zhai, G.F., Ren, W.B., Xu, F., 2004. Analysis method for vibration acceleration of electromagnetic relay. J. of Vibration Engineering, 1:66–71 (in Chinese).Google Scholar