Time-domain clustered transmit power adaptation for OFDM system in fading channels
- 19 Downloads
This paper proposes a time-domain clustered transmitter power adaptation scheme for orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) system, which can significantly reduce the feedback amount during power adaptation comparison with conventional frequency-domain adaptation schemes. It was found that the cluster size plays an important role on the adaptation performance, especially for the vehicular environment. Simulation results showed that using Lagrange interpolation to obtain an explicit curve of Doppler frequency vs cluster size yields good trade-off between the resulted bit error rate (BER) and the amount of feedback.
Key wordsPower adaptation Orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) Time-domain cluster Coherence time
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Campello, J., 1998. Optimal Discrete Bit Loading for Multi-carrier Modulation Systems. Proc. 1998 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, p. 193.Google Scholar
- Chen, H.H., Fan, C.X., Lu, W.W., 2002. China’s perspectives on 3G mobile communications and beyond: TD-SCDMA technology. IEEE Wireless Communications, (2):48–59.Google Scholar
- Hanzo, L., Wong, C.H., Yee, M.S., 2002. Adaptive Wireless Transceivers. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., p. 535–584.Google Scholar
- Maeda, N., Kishiyama, Y., Atarashi, H., Sawahashi, M., 2003. Variable Spreading Factor—OFCDM with Two Dimensional Spreading that Prioritizes Time Domain Spreading for Forward Link Broadband Wireless Access. Vehicular Technology Conference. The 57th IEEE Semiannual, 1:127–132.Google Scholar
- Sandell, M., Wilson, S.K., Borjesson, P.O., 1996. Performance Analysis of Coded OFDM on Fading Channels with Non-ideal Interleaving and Channel Knowledge. Research Report TULEA 1996:20, Div. of Signal Processing, Lulea University of Technology, p.20–40.Google Scholar
- Xu, C.Y., 2003. Adaptive Resources Allocation Technique in OFDM System. Master Thesis, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, p.30–59 (in Chinese).Google Scholar