Application of uncertainty reasoning based on cloud model in time series prediction
- 98 Downloads
Time series prediction has been successfully used in several application areas, such as meteorological forecasting, market prediction, network traffic forecasting, etc., and a number of techniques have been developed for modeling and predicting time series. In the traditional exponential smoothing method, a fixed weight is assigned to data history, and the trend changes of time series are ignored. In this paper, an uncertainty reasoning method, based on cloud model, is employed in time series prediction, which uses cloud logic controller to adjust the smoothing coefficient of the simple exponential smoothing method dynamically to fit the current trend of the time series. The validity of this solution was proved by experiments on various data sets.
Key wordsTime series prediction Cloud model Simple exponential smoothing method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Andrei, S. M., 1972. Weather Forecasting as a Problem in Physics. MIT press, Cambridge, MA1972.Google Scholar
- Dorffner, G., 1996. Neural networks for time series processing.Neural Network World,4: 447–468.Google Scholar
- Edwards, T., Tansley, D. S. W., Frank, R. J. and Davey, N., 1997. Traffic trends analysis using neural networks.Proceedings of the International Workshop on Applications of Neural Networks to Telecommunications,3: 157–164.Google Scholar
- Gershenfeld, N. A. and Weigend, A. S., 1993. The Future of Time Series. Time Series Prediction: Forecasting the Future and Understanding the Past. Addison-Wesley Pub. Co., Santa Fe, NM: 1–70.Google Scholar
- Giles, C. L., Lawewnce, S., and Tsoi, A. C., 1997. Rule Inference for Financial Prediction Using Recurrent Neural Networks. Proceedings of IEEE/IAFE conference on computational intelligence for financial engineering (CI-FEr). Piscataway, NJ: 253–259.Google Scholar
- Li, D. Y., 1997a. Knowledge Representation and Discovery Based on Linguistic Atoms. Proceedings of the 1st Pacific-Asia Conference, Singapore, p. 3-20.Google Scholar
- Li, D. Y., Di, K. C., Li, D. R. and Song, Z. L., 2000. Mining association rules with linguistic cloud models.Journal of Software,11(2): 143–158.Google Scholar
- Ou, J. P. and Li, L. J., 1999. The application of ANN in short-term load prediction in power system.Guangdong Electric Power,2: 27–31.Google Scholar
- Schwartz, M., 1998. Boardband Integrated Networks. Tsinghua University Press, China.Google Scholar