Applications of artificial intelligence in intelligent manufacturing: a review
- 1.7k Downloads
Based on research into the applications of artificial intelligence (AI) technology in the manufacturing industry in recent years, we analyze the rapid development of core technologies in the new era of ‘Internet plus AI’, which is triggering a great change in the models, means, and ecosystems of the manufacturing industry, as well as in the development of AI. We then propose new models, means, and forms of intelligent manufacturing, intelligent manufacturing system architecture, and intelligent manufacturing technology system, based on the integration of AI technology with information communications, manufacturing, and related product technology. Moreover, from the perspectives of intelligent manufacturing application technology, industry, and application demonstration, the current development in intelligent manufacturing is discussed. Finally, suggestions for the application of AI in intelligent manufacturing in China are presented.
Key wordsArtificial intelligence Intelligent manufacturing Intelligent manufacturing system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Evans, P.C., Annunziata, M., 2012. Industrial Internet: Pushing the Boundaries of Minds and Machines. General Electric. http://www.ge.com/docs/chapters/Industrial_Internet.pdf Google Scholar
- Li, B.H., Zhang, L., Wang, S.L., et al., 2010. Cloud manufacturing: a new service-oriented networked manufacturing model. Comput. Integr. Manuf. Syst., 16(1)):1–7.Google Scholar
- Li, B.H., Zhang, L., Chai, X.D., et al., 2014. Smart cloud manufacturing (cloud manufacturing 2.0)-a new paradigm and approach of smart manufacturing. Proc. Int. Intelligent Manufacturing Conf., p.26.Google Scholar
- Li, P., 2016. Accelerate the construction and application of industrial intelligent cloud platform. High Technol. Ind., (5)):84–88 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Miao, W., 2016. Speech at the National Meeting to Exchange Pilot and Demonstration Experiences on Intelligent Manufacturing (in Chinese). http://mt.sohu.com/20160728/n461524353.shtml
- National Manufacturing Strategy Advisory Committee (NMSAC), Strategy Advisory Center of the Chinese Academy of Engineering (SACCAE), 2016. Intelligent Manufacturing. Publishing House of Electronics Industry, Beijing (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Ren, L., Zhang, L., Zhao, C., et al., 2013. Cloud manufacturing platform: operating paradigm, functional requirements, and architecture design. ASME Int. Manufacturing Science and Engineering Conf. collocated with the 41st North American Manufacturing Research Conf., p.1–10. http://dx.doi.org/10.1115/MSEC2013-1185 Google Scholar
- Wang, X.W., 2015. Industry 4.0: Road to the Future Industry of German Manufacturing Industry 2025 (Diagram). China Machine Press, Beijing (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Winnig, L.W., 2016. GE’s big bet on data and analytics. MIT Sloan Manag. Rev., 57:5.Google Scholar
- Yang, T., 2015. Predix: the stage pillar of Industrial Internet. China Ind. Rev., (10)):76–81 (in Chinese).Google Scholar