Deceptive jamming discrimination based on range-angle localization of a frequency diverse array
- 47 Downloads
We propose a method to suppress deceptive jamming by frequency diverse array (FDA) in radar electronic countermeasure environments. FDA offers a new range-angle-dependent beam pattern through a small frequency increment across elements. Due to the coupling between the angle and range, a mismatch between the test angle and physical angle occurs when the slant range on which the beam focuses is not equal to the slant range of the real target. In addition, the range of the target can be extracted by sum-difference beam except for time-delay testing, because the beam provides a range resolution in the FDA that cannot be deceived by traditional deceptive jamming. A strategy of using FDA to transmit two pulses with zero and nonzero frequency increments, respectively, is proposed to ensure that the angle of a target can be obtained by FDA. Moreover, the localization performance is examined by analyzing the Cramer-Rao lower bound and detection probability. Effectiveness of the proposed method is confirmed by simulation results.
Key wordsFrequency diverse array (FDA) Deceptive jamming Range-angle coupling Sum-difference beam Double-pulse
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Antonik, P., Wicks, M.C., Griffiths, H.D., et al., 2006. Multimission multi-mode waveform diversity. IEEE Conf. on Radar, p.215–217. https://doi.org/10.1109/RADAR.2006.1631858Google Scholar
- Huang, C., Chen, Z., Duan, R., 2013. Novel discrimination algorithm for deceptive jamming in polarimetric radar. Proc. Int. Conf. on Information Technology and Software Engineering, p.359–365. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-34528-9_38Google Scholar
- Jones, A.M., 2011. Frequency Diverse Array Receiver Architectures. MS Thesis, Wright State University, Dayton, USA.Google Scholar
- Lu, G., Chen, Y., Lei, Y., et al., 2013. Suppression of repeatintensive false targets based on temporal pulse diversity. Int. J. Antenn. Propag., 2013:575848. https://doi.org/10.1155/2013/575848Google Scholar
- Richards, M.A., 2005. Fundamentals of Radar Signal Processing. McGraw-Hill, New York, USA.Google Scholar
- Schuerger, J., Garmatyuk, D., 2009. Performance of random OFDM radar signals in deception jamming scenarios. IEEE Radar Conf., p.1–6. https://doi.org/10.1109/RADAR.2009.4977015Google Scholar
- Stoica, P., Moses, R., 2005. Spectral Analysis of Signals. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, USA.Google Scholar
- Wang, W.Q., Shao, H., 2012. A flexible phased-MIMO array antenna with transmit beamforming. Int. J. Antenn. Propag., 2012:609598. https://doi.org/10.1155/2012/609598Google Scholar