Spatial channel pairing based coherent combining for relay networks
- 29 Downloads
In this paper, spatial channel pairing (SCP) is introduced to coherent combining at the relay in relay networks. Closed-form solution to optimal coherent combining is derived. Given coherent combining, the approximate SCP solution is presented. Finally, an alternating iterative structure is developed. Simulation results and analysis show that, given the symbol error rate and data rate, the proposed alternating iterative structure achieves signal-to-noise ratio gains over existing schemes in maximum ratio combining (MRC) plus matched filter, MRC plus antenna selection, and distributed space-time block coding due to the use of SCP and iterative structure.
KeywordsSpatial channel pairing Coherent combining Alternating iterative structure Symbol error rate Distributed space-time block coding
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chang, M., Dong, M., 2013). SNR-based channel pairing design in multichannel TDBC-based two-way relaying. Proc. Asilomar Conf. on Signals, Systems and Computers, p.220–224. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ACSSC.2013.6810263Google Scholar
- Chang, Y., Hua, Y., 2003. Application of space-time linear block codes to parallel wireless relays in mobile ad hoc networks. Proc. 37th Asilomar Conf. on Signals, Systems and Computers, p.1002–1006. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ACSSC.2003.1292068Google Scholar
- Fang, Z., Hua, Y., Koshy, J.C., 2006. Joint source and relay optimization for a non-regenerative MIMO relay. Proc. 4th IEEE Workshop on Sensor Array and Multichannel Processing, p.239–243. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/SAM.2006.1706129Google Scholar
- Hammerstrom, I., Wittneben, A., 2006. On the optimal power allocation for nonregenerative OFDM relay links. Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Communications, p.4463–4468. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICC.2006.255341Google Scholar
- Hottinen, A., Heikkinen, T., 2007. Optimal subchannel assignment in a two-hop OFDM relay. Proc. IEEE 8th Workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications, p.1–5. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/SPAWC.2007.4401425Google Scholar
- Lee, N., Yang, H.J., Chun, J., 2008. Achievable sum-rate maximizing AF relay beamforming scheme in two-way relay channels. Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Communications Workshops, p.300–305. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICCW.2008.63Google Scholar
- Li, C., Yang, L., Zhu, W., et al., 2009. Cooperative schemes for two-way relaying protocol. Proc. Asia Pacific Conf. on Postgraduate Research in Microelectronics and Electronics, p.49–52.Google Scholar
- Wang, J., Shu, F., You, X., et al., 2015. Space-frequency channel pairing and power allocation for OFDM-based multi-pair two-way relay wireless networks. Sci. China Inform. Sci., 45(7): 878–888 (in Chinese).Google Scholar