A novel approach of noise statistics estimate using H∞ filter in target tracking
- 63 Downloads
Noise statistics are essential for estimation performance. In practical situations, however, a priori information of noise statistics is often imperfect. Previous work on noise statistics identification in linear systems still requires initial prior knowledge of the noise. A novel approach is presented in this paper to solve this paradox. First, we apply the H∞ filter to obtain the system state estimates without the common assumptions about the noise in conventional adaptive filters. Then by applying state estimates obtained from the H∞ filter, better estimates of the noise mean and covariance can be achieved, which can improve the performance of estimation. The proposed approach makes the best use of the system knowledge without a priori information with modest computation cost, which makes it possible to be applied online. Finally, numerical examples are presented to show the efficiency of this approach.
KeywordsNoise estimate H∞ filter Target tracking
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Banavar, R.N., 1992. A Game Theoretic Approach to Linear Dynamic Estimation. PhD Thesis, Texas University, Austin, USA.Google Scholar
- Duník, J., Straka, O., Šimandl, M., 2015. Estimation of noise covariance matrices for linear systems with nonlinear measurements. Proc. 17th Symp. on System Identification, p.1130–1135. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ifacol.2015.12.283Google Scholar
- Fu, X., Jia, Y., Du, J., et al., 2013. H ∞ filtering with diagonal interacting multiple model algorithm for maneuvering target tracking. Proc. American Control Conf., p.6187–6192.Google Scholar
- Gales, M.J.F., 2009. Acoustic modelling for speech recognition: hidden Markov models and beyond? Proc. IEEE Workshop on Automatic Speech Recognition & Understanding, p.44. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ASRU.2009.5372953Google Scholar
- Jwo, D.J., Huang, C.M., 2007. An adaptive fuzzy strong tracking Kalman filter for GPS/INS navigation. Proc. 33rd Annual Conf. of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, p.2266–2271. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/IECON.2007.4460302Google Scholar
- Rawicz, P.L., 2000. H ∞/H2/Kalman Filtering of Linear Dynamical Systems via Variational Techniques with Applications to Target Tracking. PhD Thesis, Drexel University, Philadelphia, USA.Google Scholar
- Yadav, A., Naik, N., Ananthasayanam, M.R., et al., 2012. A constant gain Kalman filter approach to target tracking in wireless sensor networks. Proc. 7th IEEE Int. Conf. on Industrial and Information Systems, p.1–7. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICIInfS.2012.6304803Google Scholar