Prediction of concrete casting in steel-plate concrete panels
- 41 Downloads
Sound casting is necessary for obtaining high-quality concrete structures. A quantitative evaluation for the sound casting can be achieved by describing the passing and filling ability of concrete. This study proposes a generalized model to predict the filling ability of concrete in steel-plate concrete panels. The panels include periodic arrayed studs; their density is much higher than that of general reinforcements in concrete structures. The permeability describing the concrete flow resistance by the periodic arrayed studs is numerically evaluated considering their geometrical distribution. Two algorithms based on the porous-medium analogy are then proposed to simulate the filling of concrete.
KeywordsRheology Casting Filling ability SC structures Porous-medium
This study was funded by Basic Science Research Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) funded by the Ministry of Education (Grant Number: NRF-2018R1D1A1B07047321).
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 4.Weitzenböck J, Grafton T (2010) Assessment of the INCA Steel-concrete-steel sandwich technology—a public report. DNV, Det Norske Veritas.Google Scholar
- 5.Lloyd’s Register (2006) Provisional rules for the application of sandwich panel construction to ship structure. Lloyd’s Register of shipping, London.Google Scholar
- 7.Kolařík F, Patzák B, Zeman J (2015) Fresh Concrete flow through reinforcing bars using homogenization approach. In: 21st international conference engineering mechanics, pp 140–141Google Scholar
- 11.Carman P (1937) Fluid flow through granular beds. Trans Inst Chem Eng 15:150–166Google Scholar
- 14.ASTM C1611/C1611M-14 (2014) Standard test method for slump flow of self-consolidating concrete. ASTM International 6. https://doi.org/10.1520/c1611
- 18.Thrane L, Pade C, Svensson T (2007) Estimation of Bingham rheological parameters of SCC from slump flow measurement. In: 5th international RILEM symposium on self-compacting concrete, pp 353–358Google Scholar
- 22.Andraž H, Franci K, Violeta B-B (2013) Rheological parameters of fresh concrete—comparison of rheometers. Gradevinar 65:99–109Google Scholar
- 23.ACI Committee 237 (2007) ACI 237R-07, self-consolidating concrete. ACI 237R-07Google Scholar
- 25.ASTM C94/C94M-15 (2015) Standard specification for ready-mixed concrete. ASTM International. https://doi.org/10.1520/c0094