Estimates of some ground motion parameters, related to the damage potential of strong intermediate-depth Vrancea earthquakes
- 46 Downloads
This study is related to the particular strong intermediate-depth Vrancea earthquakes. Its purpose is to confirm once again the significant influence of the seismic source mechanism to the seismic input at a given site through estimates of different engineering parameters, used to describe the damage potential of the ground motion due to an earthquake. Real and synthetic time-series have been used in the computations. The synthetic seismic wavelets have been computed applying the neo-deterministic seismic hazard assessment procedure and the relevant software and hardware facilities at the Department of Earth Sciences, University of Trieste, Italy. To derive the ground motion parameters of interest, all seismic signals have been uniformly processed by the Seismosignal software.
Keywordsearthquake neo-deterministic seismic hazard assessment strong ground motion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ambraseys N, Smit P, Sigbjörnsson R, Suhadolc P, Margaris B 2002: Internet-Site for European Strong-Motion Data. European Commission, Research-Directorate General, Environment and Climate ProgrammeGoogle Scholar
- Kouteva M, Panza G F, Romanelli F, Paskaleva I 2004: J. Earthq. Eng. 8,2, 209–229.Google Scholar
- Kouteva-Guentcheva M P, Paskaleva I P, Panza G F 2008: Strong Intermediate-Depth Vrancea Earthquakes: Damage Capacity in Bulgaria, submitted to the 14WCEE, Beijing China, Ref. 07–0050.Google Scholar
- Lew M 2008: Earthquake Setting of the Wenchuan, China Earthquake of May 12, 2008, MACTEC Engineering and Consulting, Inc. Los Angeles, California, https://doi.org/peer.berkeley.edu/svbin/GeneralSearch Google Scholar
- Nenov D, Paskaleva I, Georgiev G, Trifunac M 1990: CATALOG of strong earthquake ground motion data in EQINFOS: Accelerograms recorded in Bulgaria between 1981 and 1987. Report No. CE 90–02, Sofia and Los Angeles, 55 pages, published in Southern California UniversityGoogle Scholar
- Oncescu M C, Marza V I, Rizescu M, Popa M 1999: In: Vrancea Earthquakes: Tectonics, Hazard and Risk Mitigation, F Wenzel, D Lungu, O Novak eds, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, Netherlands. Catalog under continuous update, 43–47.Google Scholar
- Panza G F, Romanelli F, Vaccari F 2001: Advances Geop., 43, 1–95.Google Scholar
- Panza G F, Kouteva M, Vaccari F, Peresan A, Cioflan C O, Romanelli F, Paskaleva I, Radulian M, Gribovszki K, Herak M, Zaichenco A, Marmureanu G, Varga P, Zivcic M 2008: In: Proc. of the 2008 seismic Engineering Conference, Reggio Calabria, Italy, A Santini, N Moraci eds, American Institute of Physics, Melville, New York, AIP Conf. Proc., Vol. 1020, 402–413.Google Scholar