Ionospheric scintillations modelling by MPS and MPC phase screens methods
- 25 Downloads
GPS navigation and SAR imaging systems performances depend on correct characterization of perturbations due to electromagnetic wave propagation through turbulent media such as ionosphere or troposphere. At these systems frequencies, ionospheric scintillations, which are more or less important according to geophysical conditions, must be studied as well as mean perturbations due to medium crossing. After a description of ionospheric parameters, existing scintillation models are presented. Then, MPS and MPC numerical phase screens methods developed to simulate time series representative of ionospheric scintillations are described. These methods, which are applicable whatever the temporal and geographical localizations are, evaluate scintillation parameters close to analytical theoretical ones. Several propagation conditions can be simulated such as propagation of a wide band source signal or wave propagation through bidimensional anisotropic screens.
Keywordsphase screens method scintillation turbulent ionosphere
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Caouren N 2001: Modélisation et prédiction des phénomènes de scintillation perturbateurs des systèmes radioélectriques par satellite. PhD thesis, University of Rennes 1Google Scholar
- Denise L., Caouren N, Ravard O 2000: In: Sensors and electronics technology, Samos, Greece, OTAN RTOGoogle Scholar
- Grimault C 1995: Caractérisation des canaux de propagation satellit-terre SHF et EHF en présence de plasma post-nucléaire. PhD thesis, University of Rennes 1Google Scholar
- Ishimaru A 1978: Wave propagation and scattering in random media. Academic Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Itu531 1994: Ionospheric propagation data and prediciton methods required for the design of satellite sevices and systems. (1986.1994) Rec ITU-R PN531-4, Annexe 1Google Scholar