Isoseismal map and tectonical position of the Komárom earthquake of 1763
The seismicity of the Pannonian Basin is not yet understood. To improve our knowledge in this field the geological position as well as the damages caused by the biggest known earthquake of the inner part of the Pannonian Basin, i.e. the Komárom earthquake of 1763 was investigated. It is shown that this earthquake had probably an epicentral intensity of 9.5 MSK, and its origin was in connection with the Rába-Hurbanovo tectonic line.
Keywordsintraplate earthquakes isoseismal lines Rába-Hurbanovo line taxpayer losses
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Acta Terrae motus anni 1763, OL N-98. Ladula CCC Fascisculus A–E. A: Nr 4, lű, 19,24, 29, 34–44, 46, 62–73, 75, 77, 80, 81, 85–92, 94, 95, 103, 110, 112, 113, 116, 117, 122–125. B: Nr 1–9, 20. C: Nr 2, 4–12, 14–18. E: Nr 1, 2, 5–7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15–18. E: Nr 1–6, 8–14, 17,, 19, 24–26Google Scholar
- Ádám A, Nagy Z, Nemesi L, Varga G 1990: Acta Geod. Geoph. Mont. Hung., 25, 279–290.Google Scholar
- Grossinger 1783: Dissertatio de Terrae Motibus Regni Hungariae. GyőrGoogle Scholar
- Nemesi L, Sefara J, Varga G, Kovácsvölgyi S, 1997: Geophysical Transactions, 41, 143–159.Google Scholar
- Márton E 1990: Acta Geod. Geoph. Mont., 25, 387–397.Google Scholar
- Szeidovitz Gy 1990: Determination of epicentral intensity and focal depth of the earthquakes occurred in the vicinity of Komárom and Mór. PhD Thesis. Archive of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (in Hungarian)Google Scholar
- Szeidovitz Gy 1994: Acta Geod. Geoph. Hung., 29, 197–208.Google Scholar
- Varga P, Varga T 1994: Acta Geod. Geoph. Hung., 29, 56–79.Google Scholar
- Zsíros T 1996: Acta Geod. Geoph. Mont. Hung., 31, 115–125.Google Scholar
- Zsíros T, Mónus P, Tóth L 1988: Hungarian Earthquake Catalogue. Geodetic and Geophysical Research Institute of the Hungarian Academy of SciencesGoogle Scholar