Factors affecting flash weldability in high strength steel – a study on toughness improvement of flash welded joints in high strength steel
- 9 Downloads
KeywordsWeldability Mechanical Engineer High Strength Steel Offshore Engineer Toughness Improvement
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Turner D: 'Flash-butt welding of large diameter oil and gas pipelines'. Journal of Energy Resources Technology 1986 108347–353.Google Scholar
- 2.Ruge J and Braunschweig C K: 'The influence of the microalloying elements vanadium, niobium and nitrogen on the toughness of flash welded fine-grained structural steels'. Schweissen and Schneiden 1981 332 67–72.Google Scholar
- 3.Haga H et al: 'The mechanism of formation of weld defects in high-frequency electric resistance welding'. Weld J 60(6) 104s.Google Scholar
- 4.Saito T and Ichiyama Y: 'Weld defects and evaluation of weld quality-welding phenomena and process control in the flash welding of steel sheets (Report 1)'. Q J JWS 1995 13(3) 365–370.Google Scholar
- 5.Ando K et al: 'Study on the flash welding phenomena of steels (3rd Report)'. J JWS 1971 40(2) 137–151.Google Scholar
- 6.Suzuki S and Takamura T: 'The formation mechanism of white line in welded joints of ERW steel pipes'. Tetsu-to-Hagane 1984 701467–1473.Google Scholar
- 7.Suzuki S and Soya I: 'Effect of soft interlayer on Charpy impact value of flash welded zone'. Tetsu-to-Hagane 1987 73558–564.Google Scholar
- 8.Katayama Y et al: 'Influence of martensite-austenite constitu-ent on toughness of heat-affected zone of high-strength weld-able structural steels'. Tetsu-to-Hagane 1979 651222–1231.Google Scholar
- 9.Hashimoto S and Sudo M: 'Effect of metallurgical factors on toughness of flash welded joint of sheet steel'. Tetsu-to-Hagane 1987 731018–1025.Google Scholar
© Woodhead Publishing 2004