Extended X-ray absorption fine-structure study of the bound form of lanthane in chlorophyll-a from Dicranopteris dichotoma
- 75 Downloads
The in vivo coordination structure of lanthanum ions interacting with chlorophyll-a of the fern Dicranopteris dichotoma grown in a rare earth minefield in southern China was determined by the extended x-ray absorption fine structure (EXAFS). The results show that lanthanum includes two porphyrin rings in its coordination sphere. It is postulated that the La-chlorophyll-a complex may have a bilayer structure. The analytical method may serve as a new tool to gain insight in the in vivo interactions of rare earth elements.
Index EntriesDicranopteris dichotoma EXAFS rare earth elements lanthanum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. Jiazang, Bioinorganic Chemistry of Rare Earth Elements, Science Press, Beijing, pp. 13–37 (1995).Google Scholar
- 2.P. J. Riggs-Gelasco, R. Mei, and D. F. Ghanotakis, EXAFS study of the local structural environment of Mn in Photosystem II, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 118(10), 2390–2400 (1996).Google Scholar
- 3.L. Fanqing, Z. Yuxin, M. Zhenwei, and Z. Guiwen, A method for determination of rare earth elements in fern Dicranopteris dichotoma by inductively coupled plasma-atomic spectrometry, Chin. J. Anal. Chem. 20, 981 (1992) (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- 4.G. Fanqing, W. Quqi, and S. Jingxing, Preliminary study on rare earth bound proteins in natural plant fern Dicranopteris dichotoma. J. Nucl. Radiat. 18(3), 133–139 (1996).Google Scholar
- 5.W. Yuqi, X. Lei, and S. Jingxing, Study on rare earth bound polysaccadride in leaves of fern Dicranopteris dichotoma by MAA, Sci. Chin. (Series B) 27(26), 517–521 (1997).Google Scholar
- 6.W. Yuqi, J. Ping, G. Fangqing, Z. Zhiyong, and S. Jingxing, Study on rare earth bound DNA in leaves of fern Dicranopteris dichotoma by MAA, Sci. Chin. (Series B) 29(4), 373–378 (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.H. Chunhui, Rare Earth Coordination Chemistry, Science Press, Beijing, p. 245 (1997).Google Scholar
- 11.L. Saijun, G. Song, and W. Shipu, Study of spectra on chlorophyll lanthanum. Prog. in Natural Sci. 7(5), 577–583 (1997).Google Scholar
- 12.G. Xiaoxia, Agricultural Application of Rare Earths and Electric Analytical Chemistry, Beijing University Press, Beijing, pp. 25–36 (1997).Google Scholar