Vitreoretinal surgery in the Ambulatory Surgery Center in the United States
- 11 Downloads
There is a growing trend in the ambulatory surgery centers of the United States to perform vitreoretinal cases. Logistic and financial considerations affect health care delivery systems worldwide. This article presents the barriers that prevent or impede the performance of posterior segment surgery in the ambulatory surgery center environment and also lists some of the advantages.
KeywordsDiabetic Retinopathy Macular Edema Macular Hole Current Procedural Terminology Epiretinal Membrane
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kadrmas EF. About time? Vitreoretinal surgery in the ASC: how progressive doctors and facilities are making it work. Ophthalmol Manage, 2001. Available at: www.ophmanagement.com/article. aspx?article=85042. Last accessed June 2004.Google Scholar
- 2.Lee J. How to expand your eye services. Outpatient Surg, 2002. Available at: www.outpatientsurgery.net/2002/os05/f4.shtml. Last accessed June 2006.Google Scholar
- 3.Neu III LT. How we added retina to our ASC. Outpatient Surg, 2003;4.Google Scholar
- 4.Stegman MS. Hospital outpatient surgery versus ASC casts and reimbursement. J Healthcare Compliance, 2005.Google Scholar
- 5.Sheppard SC. How to make retina work for you. Outpatient Surg, 2002. Available at: www.outpatientsurgery.net/2002/os08/f7.shmtl. Last accessed June 2006.Google Scholar