Efficicacy of eye patching for corneal healing after removal of corneal foreign body
- 12 Downloads
Standard treatment of corneal epithelial loss includes an eye patch with antibiotic ointment. We compared the efficacy of eye patching with no eye patching on corneal epithelial healing of 84 patients after foreign body removal. Since no significant difference between two groups for corneal healing was found, antibiotic treatment alone may be sufficient for treatment of corneal epithelial loss after foreign body removal.
KeywordsForeign Body Cyclopentolate Antibiotic Ointment Foreign Body Removal Corneal Abrasion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Injuries to the ocular surface. In: Schwab IR, Harris DJ, Parish C, et al. eds. External Disease and Cornea. Basic and Clinical Science, American Academy Ophthalmology, 1995;288–302.Google Scholar
- 5.Hart A, White S, Conboy P, Quinton D. The management of corneal abrasions in accident and emergency. Tnjury. 1997;28:527–9.Google Scholar
- 6.Duman R, Türkmen D, Eltutar K. The effect of eye patch in corneal healing after corneal foreign body removal. In: Soylu M, Özdemir N, Ersöz TR, eds. Symposium on Ocular Infections. Adana, 1994:144–51.Google Scholar
- 8.Harold J. Effect of eye-pads on healing of simple corneal abrasion. Br Med J. 1960;3:713.Google Scholar
- 9.Akova YA. Corneal diseases. In: Aydin P, Akova YA eds. The Basis of Eye Diseases. Ankara, Günes Pub. 2001;147–62.Google Scholar