Establishing mathematical and physical models for the adsorption of biomacromolecules
- 75 Downloads
In this article, a series of mathematical and physical models for the adsorption of biomacromolecules are established. As shown, the adsorption of biomacromolecules is actually considerably complicated and often involves various interactions, such as electrostatic, hydrophobic and hydrogen-bonding, etc. Considering this, these models show that if these interactions are heavily involved in the process, the plot of in Q (or Q) vs In C* is normally expected to be a straight-line. Otherwise, if the linearity exists between C*/Q vs C*, the adsorption would be an ideal process without the intervention of them. Meanwhile, this article also presents corresponding relationships for the adsorption in multisited binding and multilayer forms. Other aspects including ion-exchange systems are also discussed (C*, the equilibrium concentration of biomacromolecules; Q, the adsorbance).
Index EntriesBiomacromolecule adsorption theory interaction ionexchange
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Panphilov, A. S. and Bekish, O. J. L. (1997), Immunol. Lett. 56(2), 462.Google Scholar
- 15.Gettens, R. T. T., Bai, Z. J., and Gilbert, J. L. (2005), J. Biomed. Mater. Res. A 72 (3), 246–257.Google Scholar
- 17.Li, Z. J. (1990), in Kinetic Basis For Heterogeneous Catalysis (Li, Z. J., ed.), Beijing Univ. Press, Beijing, China, pp. 39–42.Google Scholar
- 18.Jiling University (1980), in Basis of Catalysis Action (Jiling Univ., ed.), Chin. Sci. Press, Beijing, China, pp. 1–30.Google Scholar
- 20.Li, R. S., Zhen, K.J., and Wang, G. J (1990), in Basis of Catalysis Action (Li, R. S., Zhen, K. J., and Wang, G. J., eds.), Chin. Sci. Press, Beijing, China, pp. 20–49.Google Scholar
- 21.Fu, X. C., Shen, W. X., and Yao, T. Y. (1998), in Physicochemistry (Fu, X. C., Shen, W. X., and Yao, T. Y., eds.) Chin. Higher Edu. Press, Beijing, China, pp. 937–942.Google Scholar
- 29.Johnson, R. D. and Arnold, F. H. (1995), Biochimica et Biophys. Act. 1247(2), 293–297.Google Scholar
- 31.Li, S. J. and Liu, B. L. (2005), J. Graduate School Chin. Acad. Sci. 22(2), 179–186.Google Scholar
- 37.Gerstner, J. A., Bell, J. A., and Cramer, S. M. (1997), Biophys. Chem. 52(1), 97–106.38.Google Scholar