Immobilization of glucoamylase onto novel porous polymer supports of vinylene carbonate and 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate
Glucoamylase was immobilized onto novel porous polymer supports. The properties of immobilized glucoamylase and the relationship between the activity of immobilized enzyme and the properties of porous polymer supports were investigated. Compared with the native enzyme, the temperature profile of immobilized glucoamylase was widened, and the optimum pH was also changed. The optimum substrate concentration of immobilized glucoamylase was higher than that of native enzyme. After storage for 23 d, the immobilized glucoamylase still maintained about 84% of its initial activity, whereas the native enzyme only maintained about 58% of the initial activity. Moreover, after using repeatedly seven times, the immobilized enzyme maintained about 85% of its initial activity. Furthermore, the properties of porous polymer supports had an effect on the activity of the immobilized glucoamylase.
Index EntriesGlucoamylase immobilization porous supports vinylene carbonate 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Freire, D. M. G. and Santanna, J. G. L. (1990), Appl. Biochem. Biotechnol. 30, 23–34.Google Scholar
- 3.Jayaraju, K., Ayyanna, C., Padmasree, D. V. S., Subbarao, S., and Jaganadha Rao, R. (1991), Indian Chem. Eng. 33, 47–50.Google Scholar
- 4.Salam, R. B. P. and Venkatrem, T. (1989), Indian Chem. Eng. 31, 49–70.Google Scholar
- 5.Anna, W., Jersy, L., and Teresa, B. (1990), J. Chem. Tech. Biotechnol. 48, 287–301.Google Scholar
- 10.Zhou, H., Kong, W., Cha, X., Li, W., and Shen, J. C. (1992), J. Chem. Tech. Biotechnol. 54, 43–46.Google Scholar
- 21.Huang, J. X., Ding, L. H., Cao, Z., Li, Y., and Jiang, Y. (2001), Chem. J. Chin. Univ. Chinese 22, 678–682.Google Scholar
- 22.Huang, J. X., Huo, Y. L., Li, H., Yan, S. X., Sun, J. X., and Yuan, Z. (2001), Chin. J. Biochem. Mol. Biol. 17, 376–380.Google Scholar
- 23.Huo, Y. L., Li, Y., and Huang, J. X. (2001), Acta Scientiarum Naturalium Universitatis Nankaiensis 34, 1–5.Google Scholar