Development and Use of an economic evaluation model to assess establishment of local centralized rural biogas plants in Greece
An economic evaluation model was developed in the Laboratory of Agricultural Structures (LAS) of the Agricultural University of Athens—the Modified Basic Economic Evaluation Model (MBEEM). This model is an improved version of the original Basic Economic Evaluation Model, available in LAS, and it is used to assess the cost-effectiveness of biogas production systems. Because of the parameters involved, a computer model was developed to facilitate the application of the MBEEM. The model was used in this work to determine the cost-effective size of a local centralized biogas production system fed with pig wastes.
Index EntriesPig wastes centralized biogas plant economic evaluation model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Georgakakis, D. (1998), Treatment and Disposal of Wastes Produced by Livestock, Poultry and Food Industry, 2nd ed., Agricultural University of Athens, Athens, Greece.Google Scholar
- 2.Georgakakis, D., Xenikos, S., and Kyritsis, S. (1985), in Proceedings of the 2nd National Congress on Renewable Energy, Institute of Solar Technology, Thessalonica, Greece (in Greek).Google Scholar
- 3.Georgakakis, D., Soldatos, P., and Tsavdaris, A. (1990), in Proceedings of the National Congress in Agricultural Economy, Agricultural University of Athens, Athens, Greece (in Greek).Google Scholar
- 4.Cissel, R. and Flaspohler, D. C. (1986), Mathematics of Finance, 7th ed., Houghton Mifflin.Google Scholar
- 5.Georgakakis, D., Andreadi, E., and Christopoulou, N. (2002), Review study, Agricultural University of Athens, Athens, Greece.Google Scholar