Simultaneous Determination of Four Major Conjugated Cholic Acids in Dry Bile of Sus scrofa domestica Brisson by MEKC
- 59 Downloads
A simple, rapid and reproducible micellar electrokinetic chromatography method has been established for the simultaneous determination of four conjugated cholic acids, glycohyodeoxycholic acid, taurohyodeoxycholic acid, glycohyocholic acid and taurochenodeoxycholic acid, in dry bile of Sus scrofa domestica Brisson (Pig Gall Powder). The optimum separation conditions included 15 mM sodium tetraborate buffer solution containing 30 mM SDS, 10 mM β-CD, and 20% (v/v) acetonitrile (pH 10.5). Applied voltage was 20 kV and temperature was at 25 °C. Gentiopicroside was used as an internal standard and detection was at 200 nm. The effects on separation of buffer pH, buffer concentration, and organic modifiers were investigated. The extracts of dry bile of Sus scrofa domestica Brisson were well separated within 20 min.
KeywordsMicellar electrokinetic chromatography Conjugated cholic acid Sus scrofa domestica Brisson
This work was financially supported by the Graduate Innovation and Creativity Funds of Northwest University, China (08YZZ36 and 09YZZ61).
- 1.Pharmacopoeia Committee (ed) (2005) Pharmacopoeia of the People’s Republic of China, vol 1. Chemical Industry Press, Beijing, p 222Google Scholar
- 2.Song LR (2001) Dictionary of modern Chinese medicine, vol 2. People’s Medical Publishing House Press, Beijing, p 1991Google Scholar
- 3.Li PF, Ling HX, Hong G (2008) Chin J Vet Sci 28:1317–1320Google Scholar
- 4.Ren YF, Lu YQ, Li XS, Tang PX (1989) Chin J Pharmacol Toxicol 3:236–240Google Scholar
- 5.Sun DN, Zou L (2009) Chin J Obstet Gynecol Pediatr 5:35–37Google Scholar
- 6.Wang K, Zhang XL, Ge YL, Ju XL (2007) Chem World 48:278–282Google Scholar
- 7.Mei HS, Shi CZ, Wang KP (1999) Chin J Biochem Pharm 20:198–200Google Scholar
- 8.Morita JR (1971) Jpn Cent Rev Med 275:518Google Scholar
- 19.Pharmacopoeial Convention (1995) United States Pharmacopoeia 23 and The National Formulary XVIII, second supplement. Rand McNally, Tauton, p 2688Google Scholar