Simultaneous LC Analysis of Aloe-Emodin, Rhein, Emodin, and Chrysophanol in Rhizoma Rhei-Type Preparations
- 174 Downloads
A simple and sensitive liquid chromatographic method has been established for simultaneous analysis of four compounds (aloe-emodin, rhein, emodin, and chrysophanol) in Rhizoma Rhei-type preparations. The compounds were separated in less than 20 min on a C18 column with 70:30 methanol–0.2% aqueous acetic acid as mobile phase at a flow rate of 1 mL min−1. The method was validated for specificity, accuracy, precision, and limits of detection. Good linear regression data (r 2 > 0.9980) were obtained for all the calibration plots within the ranges tested. The method is an attractive alternative for evaluation of the quality of Rhizoma Rhei-type preparations.
KeywordsColumn liquid chromatography Traditional Chinese medicine Rhizoma Rhei Anthraquinones
This project was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (nos. 30572339 and 90409010).
- 1.Yan ZH (2006) Science of Chinese materia medica. People’s Medical Publishing House, Beijing, p 397Google Scholar
- 2.Liu XB, Jiang JM, Huang ZW, Tian BL, Hu WM, Xia Q, Chen GY, Li QH, Yuan CX, Luo CX, Yan L, Zhang ZD (2004) Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 35:204–208Google Scholar
- 5.Shen L, Ji HF, Zhang HY (2006) J Mol Struct 758:221–224Google Scholar
- 7.Xia Q, Gong X, Jiang J, Chen G, Huang Z (1999) Hua Xi Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 30:397–400Google Scholar
- 8.Wu XY, Wang GH (2008) Shandong Med J 48:6Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang XP, Wang Y (2006) World Chin J Digestol 14:412–416Google Scholar