Optimization of the Extraction Conditions and Simultaneous Quantification of Six Flavonoid Glycosides in Flos Chrysanthemi by RP-LC
A sensitive, accurate and reliable reversed-phase liquid chromatographic method coupled with DAD (278 nm) was established for simultaneous quantification of six compounds in 20 cultivars of Flos Chrysanthemi. The method was carried out by using a Kromasil 100-5 C18 column with methanol–acetonitrile—1.414 × 10−2 mol L−1 aqueous phosphoric acid as a gradient mobile phase. The contents of the six flavonoid glycosides in Flos Chrysanthemi could be determined within 120 min. The linear calibration ranges for these were 0.42–126.00, 11.44–220.00, 0.53–530.00, 4.80–195.00, 11.00–220.00, and 0.12–200.00 μg mL−1. Their recoveries were 95.33–105.33% with RSDs from 0.10 to 2.00%. Their lower limits of quantification were 0.420, 1.144, 0.250, 0.480, 0.242, and 0.120 μg mL–1. The method can be used for analysis of the six flavonoid glycosides in Flos Chrysanthemi.
KeywordsColumn liquid chromatography Quantification Orthogonal array design Flavonoid glycosides Flos Chrysanthemi
This project was supported by the National Sciences and Technology Program (2004BA721A20, 2006BAI06A12-11) of China.
- 1.The State Pharmacopoeia Commission of China (2005) Pharmacopoeia of the People’s Republic of China, vol 1. Chemical Industry Press, Beijing, p 218Google Scholar
- 2.Xu WB, Guo QS, Li YN, Wang T (2005) China J Chin Mater Med 30(21):1645–1648Google Scholar
- 4.Wang YJ, Yang XW, Guo QS (2008) China J Chin Mater Med 33(5):526–530Google Scholar
- 11.Kong Q, Wu C (2004) Chin Tradit Herbal Drugs 35:1001–1002Google Scholar
- 12.Zhang XY, Duan LH, Zhai D (2008) Lishizhen Med Mater Med Res 19:1702–1704Google Scholar
- 13.Peng YR, Shi L, Luo YH, Ding YF (2006) Lishizhen Med Mater Med Res 17:1131–1132Google Scholar
- 14.Liu JQ, Wu DL, Wang L, Shen QQ, Liu JS, Wang JT (2001) Chin Tradit Pat Med 23:52–53Google Scholar
- 15.Liu JQ, Wu DL, Wang L, Liu JS, Wang JT (2001) Chin Tradit Herbal Drugs 32:308–310Google Scholar
- 16.Zhu LY, Duan JA, Shen H, Qian DW, Zhang J (2007) Chin Tradit Pat Med 29:1–3Google Scholar