An LC Fingerprint Study of Poria cocos (Schw.) Wolf
- 269 Downloads
The aim of the paper was to establish an efficient and accurate fingerprint method for the identification and quality control of Poria cocos (Schw.) Wolf. Methanol extracts of 43 samples of sclerotium and five samples of tegument were analysed by LC with photodiode array detection. Twenty common peaks were found and eleven of them were identified by mass spectrometry. The mutual pattern of 43 sclerotium samples was established and a Similarity Evaluation System and Principal Component Analysis were performed to analyze, differentiate and classify the samples. The method showed high precision, good repeatability and stability and all the peaks were well separated, so it can be used to assess the quality of P. cocos and to identify possible counterfeiting.
KeywordsColumn liquid chromatography Mass spectrometry Chromatographic fingerprints Principal component analysis Poria cocos (Schw.) Wolf
The authors gratefully acknowledge the financial support from the Special Support Item of Guizhou Province (No. TZJF-2006-26) and the Nomarch Foundation of Science Technology and Education of Excellent Talent of Guizhou Province (No. 2005-249).
- 1.Wang LY, Wan HJ (1998) Chin Tradit Herb Drugs 29(3):145–148Google Scholar
- 2.Li DP, Liang XY, Chen HS, Wen YX, Yang CR (1998) Guihaia 18(3):267–270Google Scholar
- 3.Zhong ZJ, Liu J (2001) Chin Tradit Pat Med 23(1):58–62Google Scholar
- 4.Zhou L, Zhang W, Lin HY, Xu J (1994) Chin J Antibiot 19(5):376–380Google Scholar
- 11.Yang R, Li JJ, Qu LB, Xiang BR, An DK (2004) Chin Tradit Herb Drugs 35(3):273–275Google Scholar
- 12.Ding G, Wang ZZ, Zhang CF, Sheng LS (2002) China J Chin Mater Med 27(10):756–758Google Scholar
- 13.Yu NJ, Guo JF, Zhao YM, Zhang YX (2004) Chin J Anal Chem 32:866–870Google Scholar