LC-MS-MS Development and Validation for Quantitative Determination of Methoxsalen in Human Plasma
- 66 Downloads
A rapid, sensitive and specific method for quantification of methoxsalen in human plasma using metaxalone as the internal standard is presented. An Applied Biosystems Sciex API 3200 triple quadrupole mass spectrometer in multiple reaction monitoring mode, using TurboIonSpray in the positive ion mode was used. Simple solid phase extraction was followed by C18 reverse phase chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry using metaxalone as the internal standard. The mean recovery for methoxsalen was 90.0% with a lower limit of quantification of 1.0 ng mL−1. This validated assay method makes use of the sensitivity and selectivity of tandem mass spectrometry detection to allow for a more rapid and selective method for the determination of methoxsalen in human plasma.
KeywordsColumn liquid chromatography Tandem mass spectrometry Human plasma Methoxsalen and metaxalone
The authors are indebted to the directors of Accutest Research Laboratories, Navi Mumbai, India for providing the necessary facilities pertaining to this research work.
- 1.Dollery C (1999) Therapeutic drugs, 2nd edn, Churchill Livingstone Co, pp M102–M108Google Scholar
- 2.Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Ketchum CH, Robinson CA Jr, Huang ST (1990) Clin Chem 36(11):1956–1957Google Scholar
- 9.Fincham N, Greaves MW, Hensby CN, Vella Briffa D (1978) Br J Pharmacol 63(2):373PGoogle Scholar
- 10.Chakrabarti SG, Gooray DA, Kenney JA Jr (1978) Clin Chem 24(7):1155–1157Google Scholar