Matrix Solid-Phase Dispersion Extraction for Analysis of Cypermethrin Residue in Cows’ Milk
A method of extraction based on matrix solid-phase dispersion has been developed, optimized, and validated by chromatographic analysis of cypermethrin pesticide residues in samples of cows’ milk. Milk (0.25 g) was fortified with cypermethrin and blended with 1 g each of C18 (octadecylsilane) silica and Na2SO4 (anhydrous sodium sulfate), used to trap fats and water, respectively. The homogenized material was transferred to a commercial SPE cartridge containing 1 g activated Florisil with 5 mL acetonitrile. Cypermethrin was eluted under vacuum with 5 × 2 mL acetonitrile and the extract was concentrated to 1 mL and analyzed by gas chromatography–mass spectrometry. The limits of detection and quantification of the method were 0.025 and 0.08 mg kg−1, respectively.
KeywordsGas chromatography Mass spectrometry Matrix solid-phase dispersion Milk Cypermethrin
The authors are grateful to São Paulo State Research Foundation (FAPESP) for financial support of this research.
- 2.Pontes Neto D, Lopes MO, Oliveira MCS, Nunes MP, Machinski M, Bosquiroli SL, Benatto A, Benini A, Bombardelli ALC, Vedovello D, Machado E, Belmonte IL, Alberton M, Pedroso PP, Scucato ES (2005) Acta Sci Anim Sci 27:145–151Google Scholar
- 3.Sassine A, Moura S, Léo VM, Bustillos OV (2004) J Anal Toxicol 28:238–241Google Scholar
- 4.EMEA (2002) The European Agency for the Evaluation of Medicinal Products Committee for Veterinary Medicinal Products Cypermethrin. http://wwwemeaeuropaeu/pdfs/vet/mrls/080101enpdf
- 5.JECFA (2004) Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives, sixty-second meeting, Rome, February. http://wwwwhoint/pcs/food/jecfa/jecfahtm
- 6.Lehotay SJ (2005) In: Vidal JLM, Frenich AG (eds) Methods in biotechnology pesticide protocols. Humana Press, New York, pp 239–261Google Scholar
- 8.Lehotay SJ, Mastovská K, Yun SJ (2005) J AOAC Int 88:630–638Google Scholar
- 9.Schenck FJ, Wagner R (1995) Food Addit Contam 12:535–541Google Scholar
- 10.Leite F (1996) Validação em análise química. Átomo Ltda, Campinas, p 64Google Scholar
- 11.Lanças FM (2004) Validação de métodos cromatográficos de análise. Rima, São Carlos, p 46Google Scholar
- 14.GARP (1999) Grupo análise de resíduos de pesticida (Pesticides Residues Analysis Group). Manual de resíduos de pesticidas em alimentos. Instituto Adolfo Lutz, Brazil, p 113Google Scholar
- 16.Chasin AAM, Nascimento ES, Ribeiro-Neto LM, Siqueira MEPB, Andraus MH, Salvadori MC, Fernícola NAG, Gorni R, Salcedo S (1998) Rev Bras Toxicol 11:1–6Google Scholar