Determination of Phenolic Acids in Danshen Preparations by LC with Chemiluminescence Detection
- 217 Downloads
A simple and sensitive method has been developed for the simultaneous determination of eight phenolic acids in Danshen preparations based on liquid chromatography with chemiluminescence detection. Chemiluminescence parameters including flow rate, buffer pH, the concentration of luminescent and reactive solutions, were optimized. The analytical performance of the optimized luminol-H2O2 detection was compared with those of luminol-pyrogallol and UV detection. Under the optimized conditions, the method was validated with respect to linearity, precision, limits of detection and quantification. The method offers an attractive alternative to be used to evaluate the quality of Danshen preparations.
KeywordsColumn liquid chromatography Chemiluminescence detection Phenolic acids Danshen preparations
This research was financially supported by Ministry of Science and Technology of China (No 973:2005CB523404).
- 2.Wang Y, Gao XM, Zhang BL (2002) J Tianjin Coll Tradit Chin Med 21:53–55Google Scholar
- 4.Liu AH, Guo H, Ye M, Lin YH, Sun JH, Xu M, Guo DA (2007) J Chromatogr A 1161: 170–182Google Scholar
- 5.Xu JW, Fu CM (2006) Medical Recapitulate 12:1467–1469Google Scholar
- 6.Tong WL, Sun QG (2008) Shandong Med J 48:102–103Google Scholar
- 7.Miao Y, Gao ZY, Xu FQ, Wang XF, Chen KY, Zhang D (2006) Tradit Chin Drug Res Clin Pharm 17:140–144Google Scholar
- 8.Li YS, Ma YY, Wang WJ (2006) Chin J Integr Med Cardio-Cerebrovasc Dis 4:791–793Google Scholar
- 11.Pan GX, Zhang BL, Qiao YJ (2002) Chin Tradit Herbal Drug 33:901–903Google Scholar
- 13.Cai M, Zhao LH, Hu CQ, Chen YY (2001) J Chin Pharm Univ 32:130–132Google Scholar
- 14.Li J, He LY, Song WZ (1993) Acta Pharm Sin 28:543–547Google Scholar