LC-Fluorescence Detection of Abamectin, Ivermectin, Doramectin, and Eprinomectin in Rabbit Feces
- 188 Downloads
A simple multi-residue method was developed for the simultaneous determination of abamectin, ivermectin, doramectin, and eprinomectin in rabbit feces. Samples were extracted with acetonitrile, cleaned up with a C18 solid-phase extraction cartridge, and analysed by LC with fluorescence detection after derivatization. Abamectin, ivermectin, doramectin, and eprinomectin were detected at levels of 2–500 ng g−1; the average recoveries ranged from 73.2 to 99.6% with relative standard deviations of 2.5–11.3%. The limits of detection were 0.1–0.4 ng g−1.
KeywordsColumn liquid chromatography Fluorescence detection Derivatization Avermectins Rabbit feces
The project was founded by Mega-Projects of Science Research for the 10th Five-Year Plan (No. 2006BAD31B09). This work is supported by Development Program of China during the 11th Five-Year Plan Period (No. 2006BAK10B09 and 2006BAK02A09). The authors appreciate the cooperation of other faculty members in the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology of the Veterinary Medicine at China Agriculture University.
- 2.Schenck FJ, Lagman LH (1999) J AOAC Int 82:1340–1344Google Scholar
- 9.Floate KD (2006) Can J Vet Res 70:1–10Google Scholar
- 11.Salisbury CDC (1993) J AOAC Int 76:1149–1151Google Scholar
- 17.Curtis SK, Housley R, Brooks DL (1990) J Am Vet Med Assoc 196:1139–1140Google Scholar
- 18.Wright FC, Riner JC (1985) Am J Vet Res 46:752–754Google Scholar
- 21.Pandey VS (1989) British Vet J 145:54–56Google Scholar