CZE Determination of Calixarenes and Related Derivatives Using Acetonitrile as a Modifier
- 55 Downloads
The applications of third-generation host compound calixarenes have been restricted due to their high price and shortage of supply. To obtain high pure calixarenes with high yield, synthesis strategy and analytical method investigations are necessary. The present work describes capillary zone electrophoresis (CZE) for the separation and determination of calixarene derivatives under the optimized CZE conditions within 20 min. The CZE method was evaluated with linear ranges, detection limits, recoveries and repeatability. The results indicated that the method was accurate and reproducible. As expected, it could be utilized to separate and evaluate calixarene derivatives during their synthesis and purification.
KeywordsCapillary zone electrophoresis Calixarene derivatives
The authors would like to show their appreciation of the support of Henan University Innovation People Grant of 2004 and NSFs of China (20575060, 20775073). And also thank Dr. Julie Rimes for assistance with editing the text.
- 4.Zheng H, Dong H, Yan Z, Wen L, Zhang SS, Ye BX (2006) Electrochemistry 18:2115–2120Google Scholar
- 13.Kolchenko OL, Lipkowski J, Kalchenko VL (1998) J Chromatogr Sci 36:269–276Google Scholar
- 21.Kalchenko OI, Lipkowski J, Nowakowski R, Kalchenko VI, Visotsky MA, Markosky LN (1997) J Chromatogr Sci 35:49–54Google Scholar
- 27.Gutsche CD, Iqbal M (1990) Org Synth 68:234–237Google Scholar
- 28.Gutsche CD, Dhawan B, Leonis M, Stewart D (1990) Org Synth 68:238–242Google Scholar
- 29.Munch JH, Gutsche CD (1990) Org Synth 68:243–247Google Scholar
- 31.Zhang SS (2000) Postodctoral Report of Zhengzhou University of ChinaGoogle Scholar