CZE Determination of Flavonoids in Halenia elliptica
- 62 Downloads
A capillary zone electrophoretic method with UV detection at 254 nm has been developed and validated for quantitative analysis of three flavonoids, luteolin−7−O−β−D-glycoside, genkwanin, and luteolin, in Halenia elliptica. The applied voltage was 15 kV and the capillary temperature was kept constant at 25 °C. The effects on migration of buffer pH, electrolyte concentration, and organic modifier were studied systematically. Optimum separation was achieved with 20 mM borate buffer at pH 9.00 containing10% (v/v) acetonitrile. Regression equations revealed a good linear relationship between the peak area of each compound and its concentration. All correlation coefficients were 0.9999. The relative standard deviations of migration time and peak areas were, respectively, <1.58 and 5.02%(intra-day) and <1.69% and 5.36% (inter-day). The amounts of the three compounds in the different parts of H. elliptica (stems, leaves, and flowers) and in the extracts of the flowers obtained with different solvents (100% methanol and 50% and 75% methanol in water) were successfully determined with satisfactory repeatability and recovery.
KeywordsCapillary electrophoresis Pharmaceutical analysis Flavonoid Halenia elliptica Gentianaceae
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ji LJ, Chen GC, Sun HF, Lu XF (2004) Acta Bot Boreal-Occident Sin 24:683–687Google Scholar
- Bao BQ, Sun QS, Bao BGN (2003) J Chin Med Mater 26:382–385Google Scholar
- Zhang D, Zhu YF, Lin SY (2003) Chin Trad Herb Drug 34:9–11Google Scholar
- Jensen PR, Jenkins KM, Porter D, Fenical W (1998) App Environ Microbiol 64:1490–1496Google Scholar
- Sánchez RVR, Somoza B, Ortega T, Villar AM (1996) Plant Med 62:272–274Google Scholar
- Köhler I, Jenett-Siems K, Siems K, Hernández MA, Ibarra RA, Berendsohn WG, Bienzle U, Eich E (2002) Z Naturforsch 57:277–281Google Scholar
- Zieliñski B, Berdowska I, Seweryn E, Ceremuga I, Chwiłkowska A, Fecka I, Banaœ T (2002) Cell Mol Biol Lett 7:170Google Scholar
- Yu DQ, Yang JS (1999) Handbook of Analytical Chemistry part VII, Beijing Chemical Industry press, P818Google Scholar
- Yu DQ, Yang JS (1999) Handbook of Analytical Chemistry part VII, Beijing Chemical Industry press, P817Google Scholar