Large-Scale Isolation and Purification of Scoparone from Herba artemisiae scopariae by High-Speed Counter-Current Chromatography
- 264 Downloads
A preparative high-speed counter-current chromatography with a two-phase solvent system composed of n-hexane-ethyl acetate-methanol- water (1:1:0.45:1.55, v/v/v/v) was successfully performed to isolate scoparone (6,7-dimethoxycoumarin, 6,7-dimethylesculetin, 6,7-DME) from the plant of Herba artemisiae scopariae, a traditional Chinese medicine. 233.5 mg Scoparone with the purity of 96.8% (determined by HPLC) was obtained in one-step elution from 800 mg crude extract. The recovery of scoparone was 91.8%, and the chemical structure of this compound was identified by IR, MS, 1H NMR and 13C NMR spectrum.
KeywordsColumn liquid chromatography Counter-current chromatography Coumarin compounds Scoparone Herba artemisiae scopariae Artemisia capillaries and Artemisia scoparia
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- The State Pharmacopoeia Commission of P. R. China (2000) In: Pharmacopoeia of the Peoples Republic of China (English Edition). Chemical Industry Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- Okuno I, Uchida K, Nakamura M, Sakurawi K (1988) Chem Pharm Bull 36:769–775Google Scholar
- Aburada M, Sasaki H, Harada M (1976) Yakugaku zasshi 96:147–153Google Scholar
- Okada Y, Miyauchi N, Suzuki K, Kobayashi T, Tsutsui C, Mayuzumi K, Nishibe S, Okuyama T (1995) Chem Pharm Bull 43:1385–1387Google Scholar
- Jang S Il, Kim YJ, Kim HJ, Lee JC, Kim HY, Kim YC, Yun YG, Yu HH, You YO (Article in Press) Life SciencesGoogle Scholar
- Liu YJ, Li Z, Lin ZB (2001) Journal of China Medical University 30:12–13Google Scholar
- Zhao MY, Zhu Z, Li Z (2000) Journal of China Medical University 29:335–337Google Scholar
- Ito Y (1986) CRC Rev Crit Anal Chem 17:65–143Google Scholar