HPLC with Diode-Array Detection for Determination of Leflunomide in Tablets
- 93 Downloads
We have developed and validated a simple HPLC method for analysis of leflunomide in tablets. Method conditions were determined by assay of a photodegraded sample of leflunomide. Optimum chromatographic performance was obtained with a C18 column and acetonitrile-water as mobile phase. Comparison of spectra recorded with a diode-array detector during elution of the leflunomide peak enabled determination of method specificity. The method is highly sensitive (detection limit 10 ng mL−1) and robust to deliberate variation of the conditions (RSD of peak area < 2.0%). Precision and accuracy were adequate over the concentration range 10 to 100 µg mL−1. These results show the proposed method is suitable for its intended use.
KeywordsColumn liquid chromatography Diode-array detection Leflunomide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Carstensen JT, Rhodes CT (2000) Drug stability: principles and practices. Marcel Dekker, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Stahl, M (2003) Agilent TechnologiesGoogle Scholar
- Papadoyannis IN, Gika HG (2001) In: Cazes J (ed) Peak purity determination with diode array detector. Marcel Dekker, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Reynolds DW, Facchine KL, Mullaney JF, Alsante KM, Hatajik TD, Motto MG (2002) Pharm Technol 26:48–56Google Scholar
- Klick S, Muijselaar PG, Waterval J, Eichinger T, Korn C, Gerding TK, Debets AJ, Sänger-van de Griend C, Beld C, Somsen GW, Jong GJ (2005) Pharm Technol 29:48–66Google Scholar
- CDER (1994) Reviewer guidance: validation of chromatographic methods. Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, FDAGoogle Scholar
- Burke S (2001) Regression and calibration, LC–GC Europe Online SupplementGoogle Scholar