A Large Volume Injection Procedure for GC-MS Determination of PAHs and PCBs
- 167 Downloads
A simple on-column injection system for large volume of liquid samples for the GC-MS determination of traces of PAHs and PCBs has been investigated. A deactivated fused silica capillary 20 m × 0.53 mm I.D. and 2 meters of an HP5 column (0.53 mm,1 μm film thickness) were used as retention gaps. Injection volumes of 80 μL for PAHs and 90 μL for PCBs, allow determination of 5–50 ng L−1 PAHs and 11–44 ng L−1 PCBs in hexane solution with an RSD of < 10%. The method has been used for the determination of PCBs and PAHs in soil sample.
KeywordsGas chromatography-mass spectrometry Large volume injection Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons Polychlorinated biphenyls Soil samples
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was carried out under grants of GA ČR No. 526/03/1182 and No. 525/04/0011.
- Korenková E, Matisová E, Slobodník J (2001) Chem Listy 95:528–539Google Scholar
- Grob JrK, Stoll JM (1986) J High Resolut Chromatogr 9:518–523Google Scholar
- Trisciani A, Munari F (1994) J High Resolut Chromatogr 17:452–456Google Scholar
- Müller S, Efer J, Engewald W (1994) Chromatographia 38:694–700Google Scholar
- Boderius U, Grob K, Biedermann M (1995) J High Resolut Chromatogr 18:573–578Google Scholar
- Teske J, Efer J, Engewald W (1998) Chromatographia 47:35–41Google Scholar
- Munari F, Trisciani A, Mapelli G, Trestianu S, Grob Jr K, Colin JM (1985) J High Resolut Chromatogr 8:601–606Google Scholar
- Kelly GW, Bartle KD (1994) J High Resolut Chromatogr 17:390–397Google Scholar
- Beens J, Tijssen R (1995) J Microcol Sep 7:345–354Google Scholar
- Verma KK, Louter AJH, Jain A, Pocurull E, Vreuls JJ, Brinkman UAT (1997) Chromatographia 44:372–380Google Scholar
- standard procedure No. 338/1997 of the law about wastes of the Czech RepublicGoogle Scholar