Determination of Iodate in Iodized Salt by Reversed-Phase High-Performance Liquid Chromatography with UV Detection
- 139 Downloads
A method for the determination of iodate was developed by reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography with UV detection. Iodate was converted to iodine, which was separated from the matrix using a reversed-phase Ultrasphere C18 column (250 × 4.6 mm, 5 μm) with methanol-1 mmol L−1 H3PO4 (20:80, v/v) as mobile phase at 1.00 mL min−1 and UV detection at 224 nm. The calibration graph was linear from 0.05 μg mL−1 to 5.00μg mL−1 for iodine with a correlation coefficient of 0.9994 (n=7). The detection limit was 0.01 μg mL−1. The method was successfully applied to the determination of iodate in iodized salt. The recovery was from 96% to 101% and the relative standard deviation was in the range of 1.5% to 2.9%.
KeywordsColumn liquid chromatography Lodate in iodized salt
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Underwood EJ (1997) Trace Elements in Human and Animal Nutrition, 4th Edn., Academic Press, New York, pp. 271–275Google Scholar
- Barzegar M, Khajehsharifi H, Mousavi MF (2003) Can J Anal Sci Spect 48:303–307Google Scholar
- Ma WX (1999) Spectrosc Spect Anal 19:763–764Google Scholar
- Gosain S, Pandey M, Verma KK (1999) J AOAC Int 82:167–171Google Scholar
- Silva RL, de Oliveira AF, Neves EA (1998) J Brazil Chem Soc 9:171–174Google Scholar
- Fu HT, Zhao LM, Zhang YL (1999) Chin J Anal Chem 27:684–686Google Scholar
- Zhao Y (2000) Chromatographia 51:231–234Google Scholar
- Barroso MJ, San Andres MP, Vera S (2000) Chromatographia 51:277–282Google Scholar
- Hu QF, Yang GY, Yin JY, Yao Y (2002) Talanta 57:751–755Google Scholar
- Swartz ME, Krull IS (1997) Analytical Method Development and Validation. Marcel Dekker, New York, pp. 53–71Google Scholar
- Huang XZ (1987) Iodine. In: Cheng GZ, Huang XZ, Liu WY (eds) Ultra-Visible Spectrophotometric Methods, Vol. 2. Atomic Energy Press, Beijing, pp. 201–210Google Scholar