Infrared measurement and simulation of magnesium alloy welding temperature field
- 112 Downloads
The welding temperature field of magnesium alloy AZ31 welded by TIG was measured with the uncooled infrared (IR) thermal imaging technology. The variables in the mathematic mode of welding temperature fields were revised by IR temperature data. Based on the results of simulation, the loss of temperature fields caused by arc interfered was compensated, and a whole temperature field was achieved, which provided a precise and powerful foundation for the investigation of microstructure of the joints.
Keywordsmagnesium alloy temperature fields IR thermal imager simulation microstructure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Radaj, D., Heat Effects of Welding, New York: Springer-Verlag, 1992.Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang, W. Y., Welding Heat Transfer, Beijing: China Mechanism Industry Press, 1989.Google Scholar
- 6.Nagarajan, S., Chen, W. H., Chin, B. A., Infrared sensing of adaptive are welding, Welding Research Supplement, Nov, 1989, 462–466.Google Scholar
- 7.Chin, B. A., Madsen, N. H., Goodling, J. S., Infrared thermography for sensing the arc welding process, Welding Research Supplement, Sep, 1983, 227–234.Google Scholar
- 9.Henrikson, P., Ericsson, M., Non-contact temperature measurements using an infrared camera in aerospace welding applications, in ASM Proceedings of the International Conference: Trends in Welding Research, Phoenix, AZ, United States: ASM International, 2002, 930–935.Google Scholar
- 12.Bicknell, A., Smith, J. S., Lucas, J., Infrared sensor for top face monitoring of weld pools, Meas. Sci. Technol., May 1994, 371–378.Google Scholar
- 13.Farson, D., Richardon, R., Li, X., Infrared measurement of base metal temperature in gas tungsten arc welding, Weld. Res. Suppl., 1998, 77(9): 396.Google Scholar
- 14.Tao, J., Li, D. Q., Wang, M. G., Computation of thermal conductivity during welding by inversion method, Trans. Chin. Weld. Inst., 2004, 25(6): 87.Google Scholar
- 15.Glickstein, S. S., Temperature measurements in a free burning Are, Welding Research Supplement, Aug, 1976, 222–229.Google Scholar