Formation and migration of space charge packet in low density polyethylene
- 74 Downloads
Pressure wave propagation (PWP) method was utilized to observe the space charges packet-like behavior in sheet samples of low-density polyethylene (LDPE) under the relative low electric field. The experimental results show that space charge packets are always generated at the anode and move across the sample to the cathode regardless of the polarity of DC voltage. This paper discusses the migration of space charge packets at 30–40°C, the possible charge resource of space charge packets carriers and trap level of the space charge.
Keywordssolid dielectric low-density polyethylene space charge packet trap
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhang, Y., Lewiner, J., Hanpton, N., Evidence of strong correlation on between space charge buildup and breakdown in cable insulators under DC stress, IEEE Trans. Elect. Insul., 1996, 31(6): 778–783.Google Scholar
- 3.Li, J. X., Zhang, Y. W., Xia, Z. F. et al., Effects of space charge on the process of aging and breakdown in polymer, Chinese Science Bulletin, 2000, 45(23): 2469–2475.Google Scholar
- 5.Hozumi, N., Takada, T., Suzuki, H. et al., Space charge behavior in XLPE cable insulation under 0.2–1.2 MV/cm dc field, IEEE Trans. on DEI, 1998, 5(1): 82–90.Google Scholar
- 6.Hozumi, N., Suzuki, H., Okamoto, T. et al., Direct observation of time dependent space charge profiles in XLPE cable under high electric fields, IEEE Trans. on DEI, 1994, 3(3): 1068–1076.Google Scholar
- 7.Kaneko, K., Mizutani, T., Suzuoki, Y., Computer simulation on formation of space charge packets in XLPE films, IEEE Trans. on DEI, 1999, 6(2): 152–158.Google Scholar
- 8.Sessler, G. M., Electrets, 2nd ed., Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1987, 95–99.Google Scholar
- 9.Chen, R., Kirsh, Y., Analysis of thermally stimulated processes, Oxford: Pergamon Press, 1981, 23–27.Google Scholar
- 10.Mizutani, T., Semi, H., Kaoeko, K., Space charge behavior in low-density polyethylene, IEEE Trans. on DEI, 2000, 7(4): 503–508.Google Scholar
- 11.Spear, W. E., J. Non-crystal. Solids, 1969, (1): 197–214.Google Scholar
- 12.See, A., Dissado, L. A., Fothergill, J. C., Electric field criteria for charge packet formation and movement in XLPE, IEEE Trans. on DEI, 2001, 8(6): 859–866.Google Scholar
- 13.Randnall, J. T., Wilkins, M. H. F., Phosphorescence and electron traps, Proceedings Roy. Soc., 1945, A184: 366–389.Google Scholar