Effect of induced shielding current transmission in longitudinal direction on levitation force of melt grown single-domain YBa2Cu3O7−x cylindrical superconductor
- 35 Downloads
A novel layer deletion method is used to experimentally investigate the effect of induced shielding current transmission (ISCT) in the longitudinal direction on the levitation force of a single-domain YBa2Cu3O7−x (YBCO) cylindrical superconductor (ϕ30×7 mm). In the experiment the sample was gradually sliced into two equal sheets, at the middle height along a diameter with 5 mm every step. The experimental results show that the levitation force is closely related with the ISCT in the longitudinal direction. Any layer deletion, even a small piece of layer deletion can reduce the levitation force of the sample. After the whole layer was deleted the levitation force can diminish about 50%. It is also found that the levitation force is directly proportional to the effective factor of surface area, which is equal to the top surface area divided by the total surface area parallel to the top surface of the sample.
Keywordsmelt growth single domain YBCO levitation force induced current distribution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Henning, W., Parks, D., Weistein, R. et al. Stable magnetic levitation with adjustable ratio of levitation force to restoring force using rings of zero-field cooled YBa2Cu3Oy samples, Supercond. Sci. Technol., 2000, 3: 447–1449.Google Scholar
- 7.Wu, M., Strasser, T., Littzkendorf, D. et al., Preparation of MTG Y(Ho)BCO large bulk samples with Y2O3 excess for cryomagnetic applications, Physica C, 1998, 282–287: 2645–2646.Google Scholar
- 18.Ren Zhongyou, Wang Jiasu, Wang Suyu et al., A hybrid maglev vehicle using permanent magnets and high temperature superconductor bulks, Physica C, 2002, 378–381: 873–876.Google Scholar
- 19.Yang, W. M., Zhou, L., Feng, Y., et al., A small maglev Car model using YBCO bulk superconductors, Proceedings of the Maglev'2000, in Rio de Janeiro, 2000, 107–111.Google Scholar
- 21.Weh, H., Future steps in developing H-Tc SC bulk material levitation technique for transportation systems, Proceedings of MT-15, 15th International Conference on Magnet Technology, 1998, 883–889.Google Scholar
- 25.Yang, W. M., Zhou, L., Feng, Y. et al., The effect of magnetic field distribution on the levitation force of single domain YBCO bulk superconductors. Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, 1999, 46(A): 663–667.Google Scholar