A micromechanical bridge-shaped voltage-controlled oscillator
A novel micromechanical bridge-shaped voltage-controlled oscillator with high Q value was fabricated. The core of this kind of oscillators is an electrothermally excited and piezoresistively detected micromechanical bridge resonator. Its resonance frequency can be adjusted by changing the DC voltage applied to the Wheatstone bridge. Theoretical analysis and experimental data show that its resonance frequency is linear with the square of the DC voltage. The linearity is better than 0.16% and the adjustable frequency range excels 17.15%.
Keywordsvoltage-controlled oscillator microbridge resonator MEMS
- 3.Li Bingqian, Studies on resonant devices and theory of MEMS, PhD Dissertation (in Chinese), Xi'an Xi'an Jiaotong University, 2000.Google Scholar
- 4.Han Jianqiang, Zhu Changchun, Yuan Shoucai et al., A central frequency adjustable high Q value micromechanical band-pass filter. Journal of Xi'an Jiaotong University (in Chinese), 2003, 37(2): 136–138.Google Scholar
- 6.Han Jianqiang, Zhu Changchun, Liu Junhua et al., The temperature distribution and resonance amplitude of thermally excited micromechanical beam resonators, Journal of Xi'an Jiaotong University (in Chinese), 2002, 592–595.Google Scholar
- 7.EMIS Datareviews Series No. 4, Properties of Silicon, London: INSPEC, 1988.Google Scholar
- 9.Petersen, K., Silicon as a mechanical materials, Proc. IEEE, Electron Devices, 1982, 70(5): 420–457.Google Scholar