Effects of CZSi furnace modification on density of grown-in defects
- 24 Downloads
During large diameter Czochralski silicon growth, heat zone and argon flow influence the formation of defects in silicon crystal by changing the distribution of temperature. Different silicon crystals with various density of grown-in defects were grown by replacing the popular heater with the composite heater and changing the popular argon flow into a controlled flow. The experimental results have been explained well by the numeric simulation of argon flow.
KeywordsCZSi grown-in defects heat zone argon flow numeric simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Hourai, M., Sano, M., Surnita, S. et al., Progress in semiconductor fabrication, Proc. SEMICON. Tech. Conf., Geneva, March/April, 1993, Brussels: SEMI Eumpe, 1993, 367.Google Scholar
- 6.Umeno, S., Okut, M., Hourai, M. et el., Relationship between grown-in defects in czochralski silicon crystals, J. J. Appl. Phys., 1997, 36(5B) part 2: L591-L593.Google Scholar
- 9.Mori, T., Brown, R. A., Kim, K. M., Comparison of simulation and experiments for heat transfer, oxygen segregation and microdefect formation in large scale CZ growth of silicon, Abs. # 496, ECS Meeting Ahstracts, May 3–8, 1998, San Diego, CA, Pennington: Electrochem. Soc., 1998, 496–499.Google Scholar
- 10.Takano, K., Kitagawa, K., Iino, E. et al., Defect in Semiconductors (eds. Suezawa, M., Katayama, H.), Japan: Yoshida, 1995.Google Scholar
- 12.Hourai, M. Nishikawa, H., Tanaka, T. et a1., Nature and generation of gmwn-in defects in CZ silicon crystals, in Semiconductor Silicon (eds. Huff, H., Goesele, U. Tsuya, H.), ECS Meeting, May 3–8, 1998, San Diego, CA, Pennington: Electrochem. Soc., 1998, 453–467.Google Scholar