A local probability exponential inequality for the large deviation of an empirical process indexed by an unbounded class of functions and its application
- 46 Downloads
A local probability exponential inequality for the tail of large deviation of an empirical process over an unbounded class of functions is proposed and studied. A new method of truncating the original probability space and a new symmetrization method are given. Using these methods, the local probability exponential inequalities for the tails of large deviations of empirical processes with non-i.i.d. independent samples over unbounded class of functions are established. Some applications of the inequalities are discussed. As an additional result of this paper, under the conditions of Kolmogorov theorem, the strong convergence results of Kolmogorov on sums of non-i.i.d. independent random variables are extended to the cases of empirical processes indexed by unbounded classes of functions, the local probability exponential inequalities and the laws of the logarithm for the empirical processes are obtained.
Keywordsempirical process large deviation unbounded class of functions local probability exponential inequality
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shorack, G. R., Wellner, J. A., Empirical Processes with Applications to Statistics, New York: Wiley, 1986.Google Scholar
- 3.Chen Xiru, An Introduction of Mathematical Statistics, Beijing: Science Press, 1997.Google Scholar
- 18.Dudley, R. M., A Course on Empirical Processes, Lecture Notes in Mathematics 1097, New York: Springer-Verlag, 1984.Google Scholar
- 22.Ledoux, M., Concentration of measure and logarithmic Sobolev inequalities, Sem. Probab. XXXIII, LNM 1709, 1999, 120–219.Google Scholar
- 25.Petrov, V. V., Sums of Independent Random Variables, New York: Springer-Verlag, 1975.Google Scholar