Research on scale effect of histogram
To describe the spatial relationship among the earth objects compactly, in this paper, we raised the concept of histo-variogram based on the analysis of the characteristics of other spatial analyzing methods such as variogram, information entropy. And we also raised a new spatial analysis method of histogram decomposition based on the definition of standing pixel and contour pixel. At the end of this paper, we demonstrated the characteristics of histo-variogram by two experiments, one for spatial analysis, the other for image fusion.
Keywordshisto-variogram scaling histogram-decomposition standing-pixel HIS transform
- 5.Webster, R., Quantitative spatial analysis of soil in the field, Advances in Soil Science, 1985, 3: 1–70.Google Scholar
- 11.Zeng, H., Shao, N., Guo, Q. H., A study of landscape heterogeneity for the Changping area in the eastern part of Zhujiang Delta, Acta Geographica Sinica, 1999, 54(3): 255–261.Google Scholar
- 12.Mandelbrot, B. B., Fractal Geometry in the Nature (in Chinese), Shanghai: Shanghai Far East Publishing House, 1998.Google Scholar
- 14.Zhang, X., Drake, N. A., Wainwright, J., Scaling Issues in Environmental Modeling, in Environmental Modeling: Finding Simplicity in Complexity, Chichester: John Wiley & Sons, 2002, (in press).Google Scholar
- 15.Lam, N., Description and measurement of Landsat TM images using fractals, Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing, 1990, 56: 187–195.Google Scholar