The 40Ar/39Ar geochronology constraint and geological significance of mylonites in Shangyi-Chicheng fault belt on the north of North China Craton
- 36 Downloads
A dating of two biotite samples taken from the meso- and low-temperature mylonites within the Shangyi-Chicheng fault belt on the north of the North China Craton yields 40Ar/39Ar isotopic ages of (399 ± 1) Ma and (263 ± 2) Ma, respectively. These data reflect an Early Devonian deformation and a Late Carboniferous retrograde metamorphism event along the fault, suggesting that the tectonic activities of the North China Craton in Paleozoic should be reconsidered.
KeywordsShangyi-Chicheng fault belt mylonite 40Ar/39Ar isotopic ages re-activity fault
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wang Yu, Tectonic Evolutional Processes of Inner Mongolia-Yanshan Orogenic Belt in Eastern China During the Later Stage of Late Paleozoic-Mesozoic (in Chinese), Beijing: Geological Publishing House, 1996.Google Scholar
- 2.Yu Jianhua, Fu Huiqin, Zhang Fenglan, etc., The Chicheng-Gubeikou plutonic rock belt of Rapakivi suite and Proterozoic rifting, Jour. Geol. & Min. Res. North China, 1994, 9(1): 34–45.Google Scholar
- 3.Ma Zongjin, Zhao Junmeng, Contrast research on Tianshan orogenic belt and Yinshan-Yanshan orogenic belt, Earth Science Frontiers (in Chinese), 1999, 6(3): 95–102.Google Scholar
- 4.Li Long, Sun Kaisun, Hu Ling, et al., On the ductile deformation of the western section of the Shangyi-Chicheng fault belt, Hebei Province, North China, Earth Science—Journal of China University of Geosciences (in Chinese), 20(Supp. II): 101–104.Google Scholar
- 5.Yang Weiran, Wang Guocan, Jian Ping, Study on the Teotono-Chronology of the Dabie Orogenic Belt (in Chinese), China University of Geosciences Press, 2000.Google Scholar
- 6.Cheng Yuqi (ed.), An Introduction of Regional Geology of China (in Chinese), Beijing: Geological Publishing House, 1994.Google Scholar
- 7.Ren Jishun, Chen Tingyu, Niu Baogui et al., Tectonic Evolution of the Continental Lithosphere and Metallogeny in Eastern China and Adjacent Areas (in Chinese), Beijing: Science Press, 1990.Google Scholar
- 8.Lu Fengxiang, Zhao Lei, Deng Jinfu et al., Discussion on the ages of kimberlitic magma activity in North China platform, Acta Petrologica Sinica (in Chinese), 1995, 11(4): 365–374.Google Scholar
- 9.Bureau of Geology and Mineral Resources of Hebei Province, Regional Geology of Hebei Province, Beijing Municipality and Tianjing Municipality (ed. People’s Republic of China’s Ministry of Geology and Mineral Resourses) (in Chinese), Geological Memoirs, Ser. 1, No. 15, Beijing: Geological Publishing House, 1989.Google Scholar