Novel ultrasound contrast agents
- 29 Downloads
As a novel ultrasound diagnostic contrast agent, the preparation, characterization and ultrasound imaging in the body of dog about poly(lactic acid) (PLLA) microcapsules have been studied. The behavior of this kind of contrast agent in the microcirculation was also investigated. Prepared by (water/oil/water) emulsion-solvent evaporation protocol, the PLLA microcapsules with hollow structure can enhance the ultrasound image both in vitro and in vivo, and the enduring time can last as long as 3 h. The microcirculation examination shows that the PLLA microcapsules with a diameter ranging from 2 to 8 μm could pass through the pulmonary capillaries without retention. All the results prove the PLLA microcapsules for potential use for the clinical application.
Keywordspoly(lactic acid) microcapsules contrast agent ultrasound diagnosis blood filters
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Feng, R., Handbook of Ultrasound (in Chinese), Nanjing: Nanjing University Press, 1999, 175–176.Google Scholar
- 3.Bleeker, H., On the application of ultrasonic contrast agents for blood flowmetry and assessment of cardiac perfusion, J. Ultrasound Med., 1990, 9: 461–471.Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang, Q. P., Wang, X. F., B-mode ultrasound diagnosis (in Chinese), Shanghai: Shanghai Sci. & Tech. Press, 1993, 50–51.Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, S. G., Variety, synthesis and characterization of biodegradable polymers, Chemistry Communication (in Chinese), 1997, 2: 45–47.Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, S. G, Lu, Z., Bei, J. Z., ChinaPatent, ZL981005772.2.Google Scholar