Editorial: Management Based on Risk: Individualizing the Care of the Breast Cancer Patient
KeywordsSentinel Lymph Node Lymphedema Dense Breast Axillary Dissection Recurrence Score
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 8.Yi M, Mittendorf EA, Cormier JN, et al. Novel staging system for predicting disease-specific survival in patients with breast cancer treated with surgery as the first intervention: time to modify the current American Joint Committee on Cancer staging system. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29:4654–61.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 10.Ramsey SD, Barlow WE, Gonzalez-Angulo AM, et al. Integrating comparative effectiveness design elements and endpoints into a phase III, randomized clinical trial (SWOG S1007) evaluating oncotypeDX-guided management for women with breast cancer involving lymph nodes. Contemp Clin Trials. 2013;34:1–9.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 11.Piccart M, Rutgers E, van’t Veer L, et al. Primary analysis of the E ORTC 10041/BIG 3-04 MINDACT study: A prospective, randomized study evaluating the clinical utility of the 70-gene signature (MammaPrint) combined with common clinical-pathological criteria for selection of patients for adjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer with 0 to 3 positive nodes. American Association for Cancer Research. 2016.Google Scholar
- 12.Adjuvant Online. https://www.adjuvantonline.com/.
- 14.Boughey JC, McCall LM, Ballman KV, et al. Tumor biology correlates with rates of breast-conserving surgery and pathologic complete response after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer: findings from the ACOSOG Z1071 (Alliance) Prospective Multicenter Clinical Trial. Ann Surg. 2014;260:608–14; discussion 614–6.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 17.Boughey JC, Ballman KV, Le-Petross HT, et al. Identification and resection of clipped node decreases the false-negative rate of sentinel lymph node surgery in patients presenting with node-positive breast cancer (T0–T4, N1–N2) who receive neoadjuvant chemotherapy: results from ACOSOG Z1071 (Alliance). Ann Surg. 2016;263:802–7.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 29.Cordeiro E, et al. Complications of oncoplastic breast surgery versus breast conserving surgery: An analysis of the NSQIP database. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016.Google Scholar
- 31.Plichta J. Application of the 2015 ACS and ASBS Screening Mammography Guidelines: risk assessment is critical for women ages 40–44. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016.Google Scholar
- 32.Skaane P. Breast cancer screening with digital breast tomosynthesis. Breast Cancer. 2016. doi: 10.1007/s12282-016-0699-4.
© Society of Surgical Oncology 2016