ASO Author Reflections: Is Intensifying Loco-Regional Treatment in the Early Course of De Novo Stage IV Breast Cancer Reasonable?
ASO Author Reflections
- 71 Downloads
The author has no conflicts of interest to disclose.
- 1.Soran A, Ozbas S. Surgery for the primary tumor in patients with de novo stage IV breast cancer. In: Aydiner A, İğci A, Soran A, eds. Breast disease, management, and therapies, Volume 2. Springer, Switzerland; 2016:455–64.Google Scholar
- 3.Wong Y, Raghavendra AS, Hatzis C, et al. Long-term survival of de novo stage IV human epidermal growth receptor 2 (HER2)-positive breast cancers treated with HER2-targeted therapy. Oncologist. 2018. pii: theoncologist.2018-0213. https://doi.org/10.1634/theoncologist.2018-0213. [Epub ahead of print].
- 5.Systemic Therapy With or Without Upfront Surgery in Metastatic Breast Cancer (SUBMIT) https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01392586.
- 6.Primary Operation in SYnchronous meTastasized InVasivE Breast Cancer (POSYTIVE) https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01015625.
- 7.Standard of care therapy with or without stereotactic radiosurgery and/or surgery in treating patients with limited metastatic breast cancer. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02364557.
- 8.Early surgery or standard palliative therapy in treating patients with stage IV breast cancer. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01242800.
- 9.A randomized controlled trial comparing primary tumour resection plus systemic therapy with systemic therapy alone in metastatic breast cancer (PRIM-BC): Japan Clinical Oncology Group Study JCOG1017. https://upload.umin.ac.jp/cgi-open-bin/ctr_e/ctr_view.cgi?recptno=R000006333&type=summary&language=E.
© Society of Surgical Oncology 2018