Expression of Concern to: Increased expression of LncRNA BANCR and its prognostic significance in human hepatocellular carcinoma
Expression of Concern to: World J Surg Oncol
The Editor-in-Chief is issuing an editorial expression of concern to alert readers that the following articles published within a very close time frame contain similarities in text and figures to this article . Image si-BANCR in Figs. 3D and 4 in article  are very similar to images presented in Fig. 3D as well as the western blot in Fig. 4 in this article. Fig. 3C is very similar to Fig. 3C in retracted article . Image si-NC in Fig. 3E in article  is very similar to Fig. 3D of this article. Significant text overlap has been found in articles [5, 6] with this article. The authors have stated that a language editing company submitted a wrong article on their behalf. The matter has been referred to the authors’ institution for further investigation.
None of the authors agree to this EEoC.
- 1.Zhou T, Gao Y. Increased expression of LncRNA BANCR and its prognostic significance in human hepatocellular carcinoma. World J Surg Oncol. 2016;14:8 https://wjso.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12957-015-0757-5.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 2.Li R-z, Wang L-m. Decreased microRNA-452 expression and its prognostic significance in human osteosarcoma. World J Surg Oncol. 2016;14:150 https://wjso.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12957-016-0900-y.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Zhu D, Chen H, Yang X, Chen W, Wang L, Xu J, Yu L. Decreased microRNA-224 and its clinical significance in non-small cell lung cancer patients. Diagn Pathol. 2014;9:198 https://diagnosticpathology.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13000-014-0198-4.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Ye H, Liu K, Qian K. Overexpression of long noncoding RNA HOTTIP promotes tumor invasion and predicts poor prognosis in gastric cancer. 2016;9:2081–8 https://www.dovepress.com/front_end/overexpression-of-long-noncoding-rna-hottip-promotes-tumor-invasion-an-peer-reviewed-fulltext-article-OTT.
- 6.Peng ZQ, Lu RB, Xiao DM, Xiao ZM. Increased expression of the lncRNA BANCR and its prognostic significance in human osteosarcoma. Genet Mol Res. 2016;15(1) gmr.15017480. https://geneticsmr.com/year2016/vol15-1/pdf/gmr7480.pdf.
Open AccessThis article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made. The Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication waiver (http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/) applies to the data made available in this article, unless otherwise stated.