Performance Analysis of Space-Time Block Codes in Flat Fading MIMO Channels with Offsets
- 817 Downloads
We consider the effect of imperfect carrier offset compensation on the performance of space-time block codes. The symbol error rate (SER) for orthogonal space-time block code (OSTBC) is derived here by taking into account the carrier offset and the resulting imperfect channel state information (CSI) in Rayleigh flat fading MIMO wireless channels with offsets.
KeywordsInformation System Error Rate Performance Analysis State Information System Application
- 6.Bhatnagar MR, Vishwanath R, Arti MK: On blind estimation of frequency offsets in time varying MIMO channels. Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE and IFIP International Conference on Wireless and Optical Communications Networks (WOCN '06), April 2006, Bangalore, India 5.Google Scholar
- 7.Tao L, Jianfeng L, Jianjun H, Guangxin Y: Performance analysis for orthogonal space-time block codes in the absence of perfect channel state information. Proceedings of the 14th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC '03) , September 2003, Beijing, China 2: 1012-1016.Google Scholar
- 8.Ko E, Kang C, Hong D: Effect of imperfect channel information on M-QAM SER performance of orthogonal space-time block codes. Proceedings of the 57th IEEE Semiannual Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '03), April 2003, Jeju, Korea 1: 722-726.Google Scholar
- 10.Mavares D, Torres RP: Channel estimation error effects on the performance of STB codes in flat frequency Rayleigh channels. Proceedings of the 58th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC '03), October 2003, Orlando, Fla, USA 1: 647-651.Google Scholar
- 12.Cheon H, Hong D: Performance analysis of space-time block codes in time-varying Rayleigh fading channels. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP '02), May 2002, Orlando, Fla, USA 3: 2357-2360.Google Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.