Face Tracking in the Compressed Domain
- 661 Downloads
A compressed domain generic object tracking algorithm offers, in combination with a face detection algorithm, a low-compu-tational-cost solution to the problem of detecting and locating faces in frames of compressed video sequences (such as MPEG-1 or MPEG-2). Objects such as faces can thus be tracked through a compressed video stream using motion information provided by existing forward and backward motion vectors. The described solution requires only low computational resources on CE devices and offers at one and the same time sufficiently good location rates.
KeywordsDetection Algorithm Video Sequence Motion Vector Video Stream Tracking Algorithm
- 4.Wang J, Achanta R, Kankanhalli M, Mulhem P: A hierarchical framework for face tracking using state vector fusion for compressed video. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP '03), April 2003, Hong Kong 3: 209–212.Google Scholar
- 5.Schonfeld D, Lelescu D: VORTEX: video retrieval and tracking from compressed multimedia databases: affine transformation and occlusion invariant tracking from MPEG-2 video. Storage and Retrieval for Image and Video Databases VII, January 1998, San Jose, Calif, USA, Proceedings of SPIE 3656: 131–142.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Lie W-N, Chen R-L: Tracking moving objects in MPEG-compressed videos. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME '01), August 2001, Tokyo, Japan 965–968.Google Scholar
- 10.Vezhnevets V, Sazonov V, Andreeva A: A survey on pixel-based skin color detection techniques. Proceedings of International Conference on Computer Graphics & Vision (GraphiCon '03), September 2003, Moscow, Russia 85–92.Google Scholar
- 12.Sobottka K, Pitas I: A novel method for automatic face segmentation, facial feature extraction and tracking. Signal Processing: Image Communication 1998, 12(3):263–281. 10.1016/S0923-5965(97)00042-8Google Scholar
- 14.Zhang Y, Chua T-S: Detection of text captions in compressed domain video. Proceedings of ACM Workshops on Multimedia (ACM MM '00), October 2000, Los Angeles, Calif, USA 201–204.Google Scholar
- 15.Fonseca P, Nesvadba J: Face detection in the compressed domain. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP '04), October 2004, Singapore 3: 2015–2018.Google Scholar
- 16.Nesvadba J, Kleihorst R, Fan J, Fonseca PM, Broers H: Face related features in consumer electronic (CE) device environments. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC '04), October 2004, The Hague, The Netherlands 1: 641–648.Google Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.