Dynamic study of N’N-dimethylparanitroaniline encapsulated in silicalite-1 matrix using neutron spin-echo spectroscopy
- 38 Downloads
The present work focuses on the dynamic studies of N’N-dimethyl-paranitroaniline (dmpNA) encapsulated in silicalite zeolite. Quasielastic neutron scattering (QENS) experiments are carried out using neutron spin-echo technique. Polarisation of the scattered neutron beam is measured at carefully chosen values of Q = 0.35, 0.9, 1.1 and 1.45 Å−1 at fixed T = 298 K and at fixed Q = 0.9 Å−1 at 150, 200, 250 and 298 K. This gives insight into the motion and the related activation energy of the guest dmpNA molecule. The quasielastic signal observed in the present system within the time range considered is due to fast local rotational motions of protons of the end methyl groups. The results are in good agreement with the dynamics of methyl group rotations reported in the literature by back-scattering QENS technique.
KeywordsZeolite European Physical Journal Special Topic Silicalite Neutron Spin Echo Methyl Group Rotation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.C. Dejoie, Ph.D. thesis, University Joseph Fourier, 2009Google Scholar
- 5.S.C. Rastogi, Bull. Environ. Contam. Toxicol. 48, 289 (1992)Google Scholar
- 8.J.L. Guth, H. Kessler, R. Wey, Proc. 7th Int. Zeolite Conf. Tokyo 1986, edited by Y. Murakami, A. lijima, J.W. Ward (Elsevier, 1986)Google Scholar
- 9.F. Mezei (ed.), Neutron Spin-Echo, Lecture Notes in Physics (Springer, Berlin, 1980)Google Scholar
- 10.M. Bée, Quasielastic Neutron Scattering (Adam Hilger, Bristol, 1988)Google Scholar
- 12.M. Pfenniger, G. Calzaferri, Chem. Phys. Chem. 4, 211 (2000)Google Scholar
- 13.ILL, Research proposal no. 38703 (2008)Google Scholar
- 16.F. Volino, A.J. Dianoux, R.E. Lechner, H. Hervet, J. Phys. Colloques (France) 36, C1-83 (1975)Google Scholar