Proton induced thermal stress-wave measurements using a Laser Doppler Vibrometer
- 66 Downloads
Thermal stress-waves are generated in the solid target material when the proton beam interacts. These stress waves excite natural oscillations of the target or cause plastic deformations. Hence, an experimental setup with a laser Doppler vibrometer [CITE] was developed to investigate free surface vibrations of cylindrical targets. The target configurations for RIB and conventional neutrino beams (CNGS project) were investigated to analyze proton induced thermal stress-wave generation and propagation.
PACS.42.62.Cf Industrial laser applications 42.68.Wt Remote sensing 42.79.Qx Laser Doppler velocimeters 43.40.+s Structural acoustics and vibration 46.40.–f Vibrations and mechanical waves 62.30.+d Mechanical and elastic waves; vibrations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Polytec Webpage, http://www.polytec.com (2005) Google Scholar
- M. Buhler-Broglin, K. Elsener (eds.), L.A. Lopez Hernandez, G.R. Stevenson, M. Wilhelmsson, General Description of the CERN Project for a Neutrino Beam to Gran Sasso (CNGS), CERN AC Note (2000-2003), ISBN 92-9083-174-X (2000) Google Scholar
- CNGS Webpage, http://proj-cngs.web.cern.ch/proj-cngs, 11/02/2002 Google Scholar
- M.K. Mazumder, Appl. Phys. Lett. 16, 462 (1970) Google Scholar
- Private communication with technical team of Polytec©, http://www.polytec.com (2004) Google Scholar
- E. Kugler, The ISOLDE facility, Hyperfine Interact. 129, 23 (2000) Google Scholar
- K.H. Reich, Proc. 3rd National Particle Accelerator Conference PAC 3, Washington, DC, US, 1969 (1969), pp. 959–961 Google Scholar