Simulations of planar channeling of relativistic nuclei in a bent crystal
The motion of relativistic nuclei through an oriented bent crystal was considered on the basis of a developed computer code. To get the angular distributions of projectiles behind the crystals and to estimate the influence of multiple scattering on beam deflection, a detailed study of the beam dynamics due to the processes of channeling, dechanneling and quasichanneling of the particles is presented. The analysis of the beam redistribution in a crystal was performed simulating the main features of the scattering of relativistic Pb ions and protons in the field of bent crystal planes. The comparison of simulated data with experimental ones has been also carried out.
Keywords208Pb Angular Distribution Multiple Scattering Left Peak Relativistic Nucleus
- 1.J. Lindhard, K. Dan, Vidensk. Selsk. Mat. Fys. Medd. 34, 14 (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.Channeling 2004-2010, International Conferences “Charged and Neutral Particles Channeling Phenomena”, Proc. SPIE 5974 (2005), Proc. SPIE 6634 (2007), Channeling 2008 (World Scientific Publishing, Singapore, 2010), Nuovo Cimento C 34, 4 (2011).Google Scholar
- 4.M.A. Kumakhov, F.F. Komarov, Radiation from Charged Particles in Solids (Springer Verlag, 1989).Google Scholar
- 5.P. Rullhasen, X. Artru, P. Dhez, Novel Radiation Sources Using Relativistic Electrons: From Infrared to X-rays (World Scientific Publishing, 1998).Google Scholar
- 6.S. Dabagov, N. Zhevago, Riv. Nuovo Cimento 31, 491 (2008).Google Scholar
- 7.E.N. Tsyganov, Fermilab preprints TM-682, TM-684 (1976).Google Scholar
- 18.A. Babaev, S.B. Dabagov, Nuovo Cimento C 34, 417 (2011).Google Scholar
- 19.A. Babaev, S.B. Dabagov, Russ. Phys. J. 54, 81 (2011) (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 23.J.D. Jackson, Classical Electrodynamics, third edition (John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1998).Google Scholar
- 25.A. Babaev, S.B. Dabagov, INFN Laboratory Nazionali di Frascati preprint No. LNF-11/04 (P) (2011), available online: www.lnf.infn.it/sis/preprint/detail.php?id=5248.