Preparation and analysis of a two-components breath figure at the nanoscale
- 80 Downloads
Solid/liquid two-components Ga–Pb structures in isolated nanometer sized particles have been produced and studied by electron microscopy. Production is based on the breath figure technique and we investigate the way the two components are distributed. We clearly identify two growth regimes associated with the two different ways a Pb atom incorporates into a Ga nanodrop. Using TEM and SEM, the shape and microstructure of the nanoparticles are studied and the results obtained are in good agreement with the proposed model. The experimental technique used appears to be appropriate to produce Pb nanocrystals in liquid Ga nano-containers.
PACS81.07.Bc Nanocrystalline materials 64.75.Jk Phase separation and segregation in nanoscale systems 68.03.Cd Surface tension and related phenomena 68.37.Lp Transmission electron microscopy (TEM)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. Meakin, Rep. Prog. Phys. 55, 157 (1992) Google Scholar
- E. Søndergard, R. Kofman, P. Cheyssac, A. Stella, Surf. Sci. 364, 467 (1996) Google Scholar
- T. Ben-David, Y. Lereah, G. Deutscher, J.M. Penisson, A. Bourret, R. Kofman, P. Cheyssac, Phys. Rev. Lett. 78, 2585 (1997) Google Scholar
- S. Hagege, U. Dahmen, Phil. Mag. Lett. 74, 259 (1996) Google Scholar
- A. Defrain, J. Chim. Phys. 74, 851 (1977) Google Scholar
- I. Ansara, F. Ajersch, J. Phase Equilibria 12, 73 (1991) Google Scholar
- L. Haderbache, R. Garrigos, E. Søndergard, R. Kofman, P. Cheyssac, Surf. Sci. 410, L748 (1998) Google Scholar
- A. Zangwill, Nature 411, 651 (2001) Google Scholar
- B. Pluis, D. Frenkel, J.F. Van Der Veen, Surf. Sci. 239, 282 (1990) Google Scholar
- M. Allione, R. Kofman, F. Celestini, Y. Lereah, in press Google Scholar